1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung A5 2017 broken screen data transfer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoeBorg, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JoeBorg

JoeBorg Lurker

Hi,

I have a Samsung A5 2017 with broken screen. Is there a way that I can manage to transfer files to my pc. I have tried using smartswitch but to no avail as the below message pops up:

USB file transfer is not allowed.

The device that is connected to this computer does not allow usb file transfer.
    Unlock the connected device, then allow usb file transfer to transfer files via USB.

The smartphone is protected with a pin number, however to unlock it I have managed to connect a keyboard to it's USB C port.

How can I get rid of this message and manage to transfer files onto my pc?

Thanks a lot.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Do you know what the unlock PIN is, have you tried entering it on the connected keyboard? Because if you don't, you're not going to be able to get anything out of the locked phone by USB

Dannydet likes this.
  3. baizhou

baizhou Well-Known Member

If the data on Samsung A5 2017 with broken screen is not deleted or lost, you can ask help from Broken Samsung Data Recovery tool. With its help, you can easily access to the data on it and extract them out.

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) release date was January 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7880 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

January 2017
Release Date
Reviews