• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung A50 Data Recovery

My samsung A50 Display has broken. i have used fingerprint for log-in. i have not remember the security code. Is there any way to recover/backup my data ? including my contact numbers?
if you do not know your code, the only option is a factory reset....but that will erase your data. you can try hooking your phone up to your computer and have smart switch backup your phone. i do not think it needs to be unlocked so it should work. the only issue maybe will depend if you have the usb connections set to data transfer vs charge only.

Reactions: Dannydet and Hadron
Upvote 0
How do you use a fingerprint without knowing your security code? Every phone with a fingerprint reader I've used will periodically ask for the code to verify that it's really you (since fingerprint is regarded as weaker security than a PIN or password)?

I assume from the question that you've not synched any of your data? For example if you stored your contacts as "Google" contacts they will automatically be backed-up to your GMail account unless you have changed settings to stop this. I think Samsung used to do the same with Samsung accounts, but as I never created a Samsung account even for my Samsung device I'm not certain. I would however suggest checking your GMail contacts via a browser to see whether they have been backed up already (and maybe also check things like Google photos as well).

Otherwise, unless you set the phone up so that it would allow USB debugging without unlocking the screen (and you'd probably know if you had) you are probably stuck unless you can remember your code.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones