1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung absolute discrace - can't transfer cbz or apk, joke of response from Customer service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bomberswarm2, Jan 4, 2014.

1. bomberswarm2

bomberswarm2 Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2012
    Well I couldn't drag n drop .apk or .cbz to my phone, so I went on customer support and got the most discraceful response, showed me no respect, treating me like an idiot. Also if anyone can fix my problem, of not having ability to transfer .apk and .cbz files that would be nice thanks.

(click on show for chat....)

Advertisement

2. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    WOW!

I am sorry but you came off as a complete jerk. I would have not dealt with you at all.........................
    Being respectful can get you a long way.

mydian, hchen42, XplosiV and 2 others like this.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Typical "type your question into computer, read answer to you" customer "service".

You can't paste an .apk file to your external SD card when there's enough space for it, and the phone is connected directly to the computer (some hubs mess up file transfers)?

Just rename everything to zip files, copy them over, then rename them.

(As far as why, I have no idea. I never had an Android phone that wouldn't allow me to paste apk files to the SD card.)

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Gotta agree with MLSS im afraid.
    Yeah the samsung dude wasnt very knowledgeable and obviously had to do his job by not condoning the use of apps from alternative sources but he certainly wasnt rude to you. He showed far more patience than i would have

mydian and FishenFool like this.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    Addressing the topic at hand, have you tried using adb to push the files on to the device rather than simple drop and drag? It's not as elegant, but it should get the job done.

6. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    Basically the problem is that for technical reason I care not to go into starting with ICS Android mounts in Media Transport Protocol mode and not a USB mass storage device. If I recall correctly this can cause the problem you are experiencing because it will not copy files that it does not recognize as a type of media file (or maybe this is a setting that MTP allows OEMs to set up for DRM reasons).

In other words Jack was giving you the correct answer it just wasn't what you wanted to hear. Granted he probably doesn't know why he was right or was able to give you alternatives but that isn't his job, his job is to to assist you with functions that are supported.

I am inclined to end my post here without giving you solutions, but since others with the same problem are likely to see it I will help them. The following two apps are handy for moving files on to and off of your device, best part is you don't even need to use a USB connection if you don't want to:

1) Snappea is app the basically allows you to manage your phone from your PC. Of particular interest to you is that you can open up access to the file system through Windows Explorer.

2) Bitorrent Sync allows you to set up sync relationships between folders on your phone and other devices including your PC. It basically does the same thing as Dropbox or Google Drive but without the need to store your data with a 3rd party.

hchen42, javamann and funkylogik like this.
  7. bomberswarm2

bomberswarm2 Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2012
    In what way was this correct?

8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    yeah he was wrong but he was polite and patient with someone who came across as a bit of a troll ;)