1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Account issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by loony, Jun 23, 2011.

1. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    I have made an samsung account and put it into the phone, tried to register online which failed but after an email, they are going to register it for me via email. (awaiting)

So whilst im waiting, i thought i'd do a factory reset where the samsung account asks for the password for the account (to make any changes)...but after entering the password, it says "process failed"

Further to this, i now cant change ANY setting in the account, only to get the same message. i know the password is correct as i can still log into the account online.

I only assume it might have something to do with the registration but fail to see why registering would affect the phones options?

Am i missing something simple here? :eek:

Advertisement

2. fssia

fssia Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    I too can't sign in thru my phone but I have no problem signing in thru the PC. This is frustrating. I cannot get passed the Term of Services page no matter how many times I accepted it. Any help will be appreciated.

Stormlight likes this.
  3. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    i have waited close to a week for a responce email but nothing. there is a number there im just going to call tomorrow.

i am thinking about doing a hard reset as i cant do a soft reset....but i am unsure what will be wiped and not. (as in, vodafones ISP details to connect to the network?)

4. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    still no reply but i had it check at samsung store as my battery is drawing more than normal power, showed proof of purchase and its in getting fixed as we speak.

I think im not going to bother with trying to do the right thing and register it. no point as its still under warranty from vodafone, if i do root it or flash i'd lose the warranty anyway.....and to top it off, the only samsung official store is just a parent store so they can only do servicing/sales. i asked them to flash my firmware for me to keep it under warranty and they cant/wont.

dumb really, samsung store wont do a firmware flash to fix battery issue, vodafone cant get there shit together to release KE7 even though optus RELEASED there phones WITH the KE7.
    ...dunno why so many just do it themselves :/

5. Elst

Elst Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    I may be a bit late with this but make sure you select 'use secure credentials' under location and security in settings.

Stormlight likes this.
  6. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Hi folks,
    What does having a Samsung Account actually do for you? I have not yet set one up, although I have setup a Social Hub account which is separate? I have set up with just Gmail account at the moment. What does Samsung account give you?

Bit of a worry how many developers or accounts I have give personal details to & who know what I have stored on the phone!

Dave

7. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    well for a start your phone is registered so you can receive updates/help etc showing you have a genuine bought product... but that happens anyway from other sources like here for help and your ISP for updates.

The main reason i got one was for samsung DIVE = Samsung DIVE
    which allows you to have remote security if the phone is lost or stolen. turns out its not availible here in Australia so it can get stuffed! lol

8. Stormlight

Stormlight Newbie
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Male
    Luxembourg
    I have the same issue. Elst mentioned to select "Use secure credentials" but I can't even select that on my phone. Weird.

9. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Loony - I signed up for Samsung account anyway. I turned off all locations before sign on by the phone. Then I went online to SamsungDive (odd name?!). MY account works fine, incl location and ringing etc. Of course I did not try to wipe it!

Perhaps it has something to do with the email log in provided. I used Gmail.com account not an .com.au email address - perhaps it is guessing I'm in the US based on the server address for gmail or something. Anyway it can track my phone. Some folks on Whirlpool thought this was not possible.

D

10. marthyaya

marthyaya Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    I even have the same problem. I have changed three different frimwares till now and i couldn't able to get rid of that terms note no matter how many times i accept it. It keeps popping up again and again. Then i even tried to sign up but error Process Failed!!

I can't select the credential option also.
    I can sign in the desktop without the same account without any problem.

Guyzzz find a solution!!

11. EdgarHamb

EdgarHamb Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    You can select credential options, if you have set the passwor. You can set it in 3-rd line of credential options. But It don't work for add the Samsung account

12. EdgarHamb

EdgarHamb Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Have anyone found the solution of this problem(samsung account)

13. CoNaan

CoNaan Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    I found a solution to this problem that I had. My situation might be unique but I'll post it anyway.

I always register at sites using sitename@mydomain.xx so that I'll keept track of all spam and easily blacklist certain sites.

When using samsung@mydomain.xx it didn't work. I changed this sam.sung@mydomain.com and that solved it.

Hope I help some of you anyway.

14. mujin488

mujin488 Lurker
    None

May 24, 2012
    Hi,

I had the same problem as you guys.

- Go to Samsung web to login if you have an account.
    - Click the unsubscribe button after login. This will remove your login details from Samsung.
    - Come back to the Galaxy settings and click accounts and sync.
    -Click add account. Then click Samsung and signup again as a new user.

This will fix the preblem.

Hope this helps.