1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General samsung admire battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by do69what, Nov 16, 2011.

1. do69what

do69what Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    I just got my first ever android (samsung admire) last week and I love it. With all the information from this forum I was able to Root the phone and change the PRL to 3024 for 3g.
    Everything's working great.

But I had a question about battery life, like I said i've never had an android so i dont know what the battery life should be with normal usage. I just wanted to see with real life scenarios and what I should be getting. To me it seems to be draining really fast.

At first I tried using the task killer and all that nonsense but after reading more it looks like they do more harm then good and I removed them.

I currently have it setup with the power control widget on the screen and turned off the wifi, bluetooth,gps,sync, and screen brightness is off. until i need them. Background data is "unchecked".

After charging overnight to a full charge . And starting off the charger at 8:00am The past few days with some downloading of apps light 3g usage through the day and a few texts the phone is already down to 9% by 4:00pm

Today I took it off the charge at 8:00am have only sent a couple texts and now at 10:00am its already down to 87%? Does that seems quick?

For "battery use" it shows is cell standby 50%, phone idle 28% display 23%

Advertisement

Doris Perez likes this.
  2. weddingtornado

None

Oct 13, 2011
    hey I have the same exact phone and had android phones in the past and having 8 hours of battery life is normal. you are doing everything great as to saving battery life (wifi off, Bluetooth etc...) but also turn the brightness all the way down you get used to it after a while unless your out in daylight often, but if your inside your ok with brightness all the way down. maybe in the future there will be a CPU controler for the admire that would also help with battery

sdkfreak321 likes this.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    You don't need brightness all the way down, just set it to auto.

I have also noticed my batter lasting for less time after I got 3g going but i believe its because I'm in an area where my 3g is super flaky and it draws a bunch of power searching for signal.

sdkfreak321 likes this.
  4. khaosxiii

khaosxiii Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2009
    I've noticed that after updating to PRL 2025 my battery dies faster then previously (Dallas, TX) and may flash back to 2020 ...

This is due to getting almost no signal at work and the phone contantly searching and upping radio power to find towers ... will respond if i see a difference, or I may just be amagining that it is dying faster after the new PRL when it's really just the same as it was before that ...

After getting this phone new and provisioning through star code on box the pone was left with PRL 2019 - I then upgraded to 2024 and then 2025. Still don't get 3G at home (live pretty far out though) and almost no signal at all in the office. I may have been used to the week that I left 2019 - non 3G PRL on the phone ....

5. khaosxiii

khaosxiii Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2009
    Only last thing you could do would be to install SetCPU or something of the like and then set a trigger to downclock your device when the screen is off. Only thing is that this could cause an incoming call delay and a screen wake delay ...

6. do69what

do69what Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks everyone. Yeah I leave the screen off or on auto. I guess if dying at 8 hours is average then i'll just buy a charger and keep one at work. i'll try setcpu also.