• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Admire wont restart, keeps vibrating.

This happened to me a lot when I was testing my Samsung admire. and it only happens when

1-you alter system folder files. (requires root access)
or
2- a program does system alteration. (requires root access)

to fix this problem try the following

1- Do factory reset (by turning off the phone *wait till it's off* and than hold on power + Volume Down + Previous Button .... Reset and clear cash.

2- If that did not work return the phone to corporate for a new one, I think they will only charge you $10.

3- If you can't get to a corporate store upgrade your phone to 2.3.6 (this will let you use the phone and text-messing only +web over WiFi. MetroPCS Data and MMS will not work for you, yet this is the quickest way to get you back to your phone talking and texting (it takes around 2 minute to complete) to do so remove your battery and place it back in the phone, plug in the usb and keep on holding the Camera button, Odin service should pop-up pres volume-up and run the update tool.

for more about the 2.3.6 update please read the following

http://androidforums.com/samsung-admire/454073-regarding-2-3-6-update-metropcs.html

Upvote 0
This happened to me a lot when I was testing my Samsung admire. and it only happens when

or

1- Do factory reset (by turning off the phone *wait till it's off* and than hold on power + Volume Down + Previous Button .... Reset and clear cash.

2- If that did not work return the phone to corporate for a new one, I think they will only charge you $10.

3- If you can't get to a corporate store upgrade your phone to 2.3.6 (this will let you use the phone and text-messing only +web over WiFi. MetroPCS Data and MMS will not work for you, yet this is the quickest way to get you back to your phone talking and texting (it takes around 2 minute to complete) to do so remove your battery and place it back in the phone, plug in the usb and keep on holding the Camera button, Odin service should pop-up pres volume-up and run the update tool.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-admire/454073-regarding-2-3-6-update-metropcs.html
Thank u sooo much, u kept me 4rm havin to buy a new phone & fix the hole in the wall too lmao...

Upvote 0
:thinking::thinking:

or

I followed your steps on Step 3 and my phone jst keeps saying downloading...??? If u could help many thanks and GREAT karma im sure is heading ur way!!! Seriously this sucks without my phone ....

1st time posted here so im hoping u get this message GTK313I...lol... followed your steps on Step 3 and my phone jst keeps saying downloading...??? If u could help many thanks and GREAT karma im sure is heading ur way!!! Seriously this sucks without my phone ....

Upvote 0
:thinking::thinking:
I followed your steps on Step 3 and my phone jst keeps saying downloading...??? If u could help many thanks and GREAT karma im sure is heading ur way!!! Seriously this sucks without my phone ....

1st time posted here so im hoping u get this message GTK313I...lol... followed your steps on Step 3 and my phone jst keeps saying downloading...??? If u could help many thanks and GREAT karma im sure is heading ur way!!! Seriously this sucks without my phone ....

SeanMarcus, what exactly is your problem. That threads instructuons are old and no longer needed. I suggest you dont do them because like i said its unnecessary. The whole update thing about it was for an update released for the phone that screwed the metropcs admire becuase it wasnt meant for that version of the phone. So again i suggest you stop doing what you are trying to do and thoroughly explain your problem

Upvote 0
Yes alright here we go qandres12.....Sorry to not explain my problem...So as I know NOW Rom Manager or Rom toolbox is all bad for the original Metro Pcs Samsung Admire that I rooted ....Kind of got a late start on the whole rooting process but this is why im learning on a old phone (admire) to use for wifi,music,ROOT ect...Anyways I changed the font in one of the Rom apps I mentioned....I rebooted my phone and now It doesnt go past the start screen(MetroPcsScreen):thinking: Wen it looks like its about to continue to turn on it just keeps vibrating and doesnt go past this screen:( qandres12 if you can fix this bro much thanks n props!!! Id hate to just give up on my Admire....

Now my phone I have hooked up(BoostMobileSamsungGalaxyPrevail)seems so boring...lol...I want to root it but just in case I want all the knowledge I can get for situations like this!!! Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes alright here we go qandres12.....Sorry to not explain my problem...So as I know NOW Rom Manager or Rom toolbox is all bad for the original Metro Pcs Samsung Admire that I rooted ....Kind of got a late start on the whole rooting process but this is why im learning on a old phone (admire) to use for wifi,music,ROOT ect...Anyways I changed the font in one of the Rom apps I mentioned....I rebooted my phone and now It doesnt go past the start screen(MetroPcsScreen):thinking: Wen it looks like its about to continue to turn on it just keeps vibrating and doesnt go past this screen:( qandres12 if you can fix this bro much thanks n props!!! Id hate to just give up on my Admire....

Now my phone I have hooked up(BoostMobileSamsungGalaxyPrevail)seems so boring...lol...I want to root it but just in case I want all the knowledge I can get for situations like this!!! Thanks

Actually its just a simple bootlooped caused by the changing of the fonts. If you have CWM and made a backup you should restore it. If not then ypu can always do the use a stock backup provide on these forums or simply just flash a rom. If you want you can also go to the samsung website and search for the metropcs admire and find the software update its the FF18 one but you can only use this one are able to get into download mode. It will set you to stock 2.3.6 For the record dont use Rom manager or rom toolbox ever again. Pressing the wrong thing by accident could hard brick your phone and there is no fixing that. Id say dont download apps that have rom in the name

Upvote 0
Actually its just a simple bootlooped caused by the changing of the fonts. If you have CWM and made a backup you should restore it. If not then ypu can always do the use a stock backup provide on these forums or simply just flash a rom. If you want you can also go to the samsung website and search for the metropcs admire and find the software update its the FF18 one but you can only use this one are able to get into download mode. It will set you to stock 2.3.6 For the record dont use Rom manager or rom toolbox ever again. Pressing the wrong thing by accident could hard brick your phone and there is no fixing that. Id say dont download apps that have rom in the name
OK good looking out qandres12....Ive been trying to download the Odin in step 1 [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet but it always says my request was not found on my server?? Ive tried a couple other forums and it does the same?? If u could help or send me in the right direction bro cus im going in CIRCLES.....

Upvote 0
OK good looking out qandres12....Ive been trying to download the Odin in step 1 [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet but it always says my request was not found on my server?? Ive tried a couple other forums and it does the same?? If u could help or send me in the right direction bro cus im going in CIRCLES.....

yeah hold on, just let me find it files in my dropbox and copy the link to you. i have somewhere since i gave them to another guy that need it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uqzhhgsjuzyje3/Odin%2BOPS.zip

BUT HONESTLY i wouldnt recomment using odin. it leave a trace that you used it. id use the official update tool.
its at the bottom of the page, www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/kickass.toSCH-R720ZAAMTR

under software, the FF18 download

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones