• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Appeal SGH-i827 Rooting

gromit6909

Lurker
Dec 29, 2012
Is it possible to root this phone yet as i have tried several times with no success and i recieve the following message when trying to root with one of the many root packages available.

-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
install_package = (2)
Installation aborted

Hey gromit,

I have moved this thread into the Appeal Root Forum to receive some better answers from others with your device.

You might want to check this out though: http://androidforums.com/appeal-all...al-gingerbread-root-unroot-2-3-3-2-3-7-a.html

Does'nt work, none of the many many many methods i have tried work. Hence why i put the request in a more public area as this section is not active. I did'nt see any point putting a request into a section thats not active in the slighest.

Upvote 0
ok after many googling (and i see you posting all over the forums....lol) it looks like this phone does not have any dev support so i do not think that it will be rootable at least for now. for me i always get a phone that has a good dev community behind the phone that i will be getting.

and if you are running that latest firmware (ota) then any of the previous exploits like gingerbreak will not work. and that is why you should never accept ota's if you plan on rooting.

also the devs usually stick to the more recent devices and the most popular as well. any of the galaxy s phones, note and note 2, any HTC device(they have a bootloader unlocker), and any other high end phones will have great dev support.....almost forgot about the nexus (google's phone) as well.

if you do find a way to root your phne please let us know.....good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones