1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Apps App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BigRedGonzo, Dec 17, 2013.

1. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

I have a Verizon Branded Galaxy S4. I keep getting (every 3-4 days) an update notice from Samsung (the little pink or red Purse looking notification Icon) saying that Samsung Apps needs to update. I tap the notification and it goes away, but nothing happens. I don't have a Samsung Apps app on the phone. Does anyone have this app? If not (or so), is anyone else getting this notification? Should I have a Samsung Apps app? I just got my son an S4 and he doesn't have the app either. Any ideas?

Thanks,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

You don't have "A Samsung Apps", you have Samsung apps, and they need to be (or, at least Samsung wants them to be, but that's another discussion) updated.

3. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

I get that too, but when I click on it nothing happens

4. BigRedGonzo

I have several Samsung Apps, but this notification is asking about the Samsung Apps app.

5. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Android Enthusiast

In your ManageApps area, you'll see an app called "Samsung Updates" (which I turned off).

BigRedGonzo likes this.
  6. BigRedGonzo

Thank you for that. I did know that was there. I guess the question that I should ask would be, "Is there a Samsung App Store app?"

7. JaRN99

JaRN99 Android Enthusiast

I had the same thing happen. I went & checked out the Samsung apps on my phone & when I opened S Health it notified my that there was an update for it. Also had one for the Samsung running app. Since those updated seems to have taken care of the notification popping up. I suggest u go into each Samsung app & check if any updates are needed.

8. mgkumar

mgkumar Newbie

I actually do have an app called "Samsung Apps" on my phone. I don't remember it being there before the 4.3 update. I also have an app called "Samsung Hub." When I open that it usually prompts me to update all the samsung apps on the phone. Also, by scrolling to the bottom of the homepage in samsung hub there is a button to take me to samsung apps.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews