1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Avant for Metropcs with paid tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radford, Jun 1, 2015.

1. radford

radford Member

I just signed up for the default tether for metropcs for $5 a month. Anyone had any throttling or limit issues with the $60 a month unlimited plan. Previously I used an LG with a generic tether app, no trouble with limits but the browser user agent had to be spoofed on my laptop. At this point it's worth $5 to stop reconfiguring the browser and use my 3DS on the same tether.

Any thoughts or answers?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by doubledogdare610, Jun 19, 2015 (1 points)
  3. bluesuga

bluesuga Member

I have the avant on metro and just removed the $5 hotspot since its now included on their top 3 plans

4. radford

radford Member

I didn't know that, I'll definitely remove it if it's included with the $60 plan.

5. Just get root :3 for free tethering. :p

6. eto

eto Well-Known Member

doubledogdare610 what is the exact name, " root :3 " ? and where can i get it?

thanks Eto

7. This thread is old and predates the changes to Metro's plans that now include free tethering, so you don't need an extra app if you are on Metro. There are limits on the amount of data you can tether per month depending on what plan you have, but you no longer have to pay extra for the tethering option.

8. eto

eto Well-Known Member

Fox, MetroPCS charges $5 more per month to tether my Samsung Avant to my Laptop!

and that is as of 08/01/16!

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews