• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung behold 2 issues

MattLL

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, Well I have a samsung behold 2 like the title states. I got this phone from my brother which had water damage and was supposedly not working. Long story short, the phone did work but the front buttons on the phone were not working along with the charging port. I ended up finding the same phone on ebay that had a cracked screen for cheap. So what I did was switched out the the button pad along with the motherboard. Well in the process I accidentally snapped the hold button and camera button ribbon :eek:.

So I ordered a new part for the phone to fix this issues. But my problem is until I get the part to switch it out I cannot get into my phone, every time the screen shuts off it gives me the press unlock button to unlock the phone. My question is, Can I set this up to were it does not lock? Or to where I can have the password screen show up instead of the hit the unlock button screen? Or some kind of hot key to where I can push a different button to unlock it?

My second question is, can anybody provide a link or a guide to replacing the Keypad on this? I have searched and searched and there is a HUGE lack of info on dissembling one of these phone. Thank you for the help in advanced! :)

I believe you would have to set your phone up to never sleep in order to do so to set it up where it never sleeps when charging is go into Settings> applications> Development> stay awake then while in Settings go to Display>Screen timeout>Never sleep I hope this helps I'll look into only having the password screen come up but if you do it to where it never goes to sleep turn the brightness down to conserve power as for the keypad I looked it up and yeah can barely find anything on that if I find something that explains it I'll let you know hope I've helped:)

Upvote 0
My second question is, can anybody provide a link or a guide to replacing theKeypad on this? I have searched and searched and there is a HUGE lack of info on dissembling one of these phone. Thank you for the help in advanced!
Sorry! I wasn't able to find a "guide or tutorial" on how to do this.

Maybe someone over @your device's sub-forum can chime in to help.
(Thread moved) :)

Upvote 0
Thank you for the help, both of you! Well I have been fiddling with this thing for a while now. I found a widget, for the life of me I can't remember what it is called. But it allows me to do three options, one lock the screen when the screen turns off, two unlock the screen while the screen turns off and three always leave the screen on. So that fixes question number one.

Question number two I will have to do some digging to find a guide, but thank you so much for trying to help on the matter! :)

But with answers come more questions! My next question is....I am trying to find out how to put applications on the behold 2, and from what I am finding Samsung does not have drivers that are compatible with windows 7 X64 bit. How do I fix this? or am I doomed to be teased with a phone that cannot connect to my pc??:thinking:

Thank you again for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones