• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung c9 pro system update missing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-135351.png
    Screenshot_20171022-135351.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 766
Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Thank you! I was worried you might have gotten ripped off with a fake Samsung device. It happens and the fakes don't have the ability to update.

But the information you posted checks out with the official specs of the device. So that's good!

As for the issue... I searched around a little. I found something similar for a different Samsung device. Someone mentioned that the update option wasn't located in the "about" section as you'd expect, but it had it's own thing in the settings. Perhaps you can poke around in the settings a little more and see if you spot it somewhere else?

I've never owned a Samsung so I'm not super familiar with the way they lay out their menus. I'm about to head to bed but I will do a little more searching tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

Let me know if you end up finding the update option somewhere else in the settings.

Upvote 0
Thank you! I was worried you might have gotten ripped off with a fake Samsung device. It happens and the fakes don't have the ability to update.
But the information you posted checks out with the official specs of the device. So that's good!
As for the issue... I searched around a little. I found something similar for a different Samsung device. Someone mentioned that the update option wasn't located in the 'about' section as you'd expect, but it had it's own thing in the settings. Perhaps you can poke around in the settings a little more and see if you spot it somewhere else?
I've never owned a Samsung so I'm not super familiar with the way they lay out their menus. I'm about to head to bed but I will do a little more searching tomorrow and see if I can find anything.
Let me know if you end up finding the update option somewhere else in the settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-143500.png
    Screenshot_20171022-143500.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Hello Everyone,
I had the same problem on my c9 pro.
Fortunately, I found a way to update the software and get the option back. Its very simple:) Open you mac/computer/laptop.
For pc/laptop-http://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin
For Mac-http://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac

Install it on your system.
Connect your mobile with a cable and you should see an option which will be labelled as"Update". Click on it and your update will start. (Its recommended to take a backup before updating). If the mobile doesnt update, then try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones