1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Captivate Cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nygiants760, Feb 10, 2011.

1. nygiants760

nygiants760 Lurker

I was wondering if anybody has any cases with a lip around the screen, and which case is the best? I am currently looking at:
    • Otterbox Commuter
    • Body Glove Mirage
    • Generic TPU Checker Cases on Amazon

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JRank

JRank Lurker

I don't have any experience with those cases you mentioned, but the Amzer Luxe Argyle case is GREAT. I've had it for quite a while, and it was cheap and very effective. I've dropped it on it's front and corner, and it's totally fine. You can see it here:

Amzer

3. jetpuck73

jetpuck73 Member

I bought one of those TPU ones on Ebay for $3 and it works great!!!!

4. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member

I have a few HD pictures of a few Captivate Cases on my profile. I will be uploading more soon.:cool:

5. Dante04SRT

Dante04SRT Well-Known Member

I bought the Body Glove Mirage (also called TPU) case on eBay for $11 shipped. Its a really nice case, as it fits nice and snug and isn't so grippy that you can't get it out of your pocket. The ONLY downside is that it definitely muffles your speaker (for music or speakerphone) if you leave your phone sitting on a its back. I usually prop mine up slightly to let the sound come through...

I would strongly recommend a screen protector with it (but I'd recommend that anyway).

I don't really care for the Otterbox stuff; My wife has one for her iPhone and the damn thing is so big you might as well be holding two phones. It offers GREAT protection and it comes with a built-in/on screen protector, but I think what I've got offers the same protection and doesn't bulk up the device.

6. Had the bodyglove... nice case. Have the Commuter... LOVE IT!

7. freakdaddydog

freakdaddydog Lurker

Had the Body Glove from AT&T. Liked it. Now have the OtterBox Commuter. It does add a little bulk, but it protects the phone. I like it. I know its been debated endlessly, but I did get some inexpensive screen protectors and now use one. If nothing more than peace of mind, then its worth it.

I recommend the OtterBox Communter. YMMV

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Newbie

I still have the original ATT Body Glove case. It does the job for me for now. Not much bulk and addequate screen protection.

9. DT

DT Android Expert

Seidio Innocase II

It doesn't add much bulk, but provides great grip and texture. It's one of those "soft" touch type cases so it doesn't attract gunk like rubber/silicone, slips in/out of pockets without being too sticky.

There's about a 1-2mm "lip" around the front of the phone/display, so you can set the phone display down, and it won't make contact (assuming a reasonably flat surface).

10. phantomatech

phantomatech Newbie

i would choose a TPU checker case on amazon. the only one i know about is amzer and that's because i have one. if you're going to buy a TPU checker case, i would stay away from ebay.. their TPU cases don't fit the phone well.

11. DT

DT Android Expert

FYI, I'm looking to go a little less bulky, probably switching to an Incipio Feather, so I might toss my Innocase up here for sale if I do.

12. Sarius24

Sarius24 Well-Known Member

I bought the otterbox it is awesome I drop the phone by accident and Its defended by the otterbox.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews