• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung captivate e-mail issues

prmstr

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
This phone seems to offer a lot of great stuff, but its eMail apps seems to operate very strangely -- so much so that I can't trust it and may be forced to return it.

I've got one pop 3, one yahoo and one gmail acct. The yahoo and pop3 are very slow -- much slower than iphone on edge network (which ought to be slower than captivate on 3G -- captivate doesn't let you operate on edge to save battery). at one point, the inbox will indicate a total of 50 messages. but later, without having done anything, that number is 25.

Deleting and loading messages takes much longer than it should. Samsung suggests a free eMail app called k-9, but they can't explain why their own eMail app doesn't work well.

My confidence is shaken without knowing if the phone is a lemon or it's an att or android issue. hard to imagine samsung designed this model to offer significantly poorer eMail performance than an iphone 3GS on edge.

Any input, suggestions are appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones