• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung captivate external speaker

onsightit

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
I have noticed a few posts on this problem already but wondered just how wide spread it is. My new, unrooted, Captivate's external speaker quit working. I missed several important phone calls because of this. I first noticed the problem when I tried to put a call on speakerphone, I could not hear the caller which was embarrassing and unprofessional to say the least. I thought it was a recently installed voice app causing the problem. I uninstalled the app but the problem persisted. I saw several posts from others experienceing the same problem, and they "resolved" the issue by pressing firmly on the external speaker. That's what got mine working again as well. This is an UNACCEPTABLE fix, as I fear that the speaker will go out again, and I will miis more calls. I also use the phone's alarm clock to wake me up... you got it, I overslept yesterday and missed two hours of work.

This seems to me to be a potentially big issue for Samsung - bigger than the GPS issue. The external speaker is a critical component of a phone.

Steve

I know this is an older thread but I'm having this issue again, this is now the second time. Is there any other solutions to this besides getting another new one from at&t ? My phone has never been dropped, no damage, its always kept in the ottobox and taken very good care off. Really getting frustrated that this will not be the second time with in 3 months that this has happened.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones