• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Captivate Fonts HELP

ednafugate

Lurker
Sep 21, 2011
I have a Samsung Captivate and I want to change the fonts. When I go to Settings-Display-Font Style. I get a pop up box that gives me the choice to use the Default font or get fonts online. This takes me to the app center where I have downloaded free and paid for font apps over the last 3 days. They downloaded fine and when I went to install the message says could not download because it had not been obtain in the android market which is where I got them from. Talked to Samsung support and AT&T tech support. Both said it was the problem of the other one. What is the problem? :mad:

Reactions: SGS2
hi.

i found the fonts i downloaded, both from monotype imaging inc., had the font either sit too high or squished it in my apps and headings.

what i would do is go to manage applications, and then go to market and clear data. i find that this helps reset market, and also get rid of extra, unneeded data that builds up in market.

you will need to go into maket, however, and check the boxes again in all apps which you want automatic updating for. actually, i found that the automatic updating feature does not really work anyway, but try this and hopefully it will reset/reconfigure your purchase(s) so you can redownload them again.

sometimes i need to clear data to allow large app updates. don't know why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones