1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Captivate Fonts HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ednafugate, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ednafugate

ednafugate Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    I have a Samsung Captivate and I want to change the fonts. When I go to Settings-Display-Font Style. I get a pop up box that gives me the choice to use the Default font or get fonts online. This takes me to the app center where I have downloaded free and paid for font apps over the last 3 days. They downloaded fine and when I went to install the message says could not download because it had not been obtain in the android market which is where I got them from. Talked to Samsung support and AT&T tech support. Both said it was the problem of the other one. What is the problem? :mad:

Advertisement

SGS2 likes this.
  2. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Well its not AT&T's fault, I would say its Samsung's fault.

But to bipass all the BS, just go grab a few fonts from the xda forums. I had no problems doing it that way and it was free. Plus, you don't have to download any packs onto your phone, you can pick and choose the ones you like best.

3. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    double post. sorry.

4. SGS2

SGS2 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    international diplomat, cia spy
    top secret, undisclosed location
    hi.

i found the fonts i downloaded, both from monotype imaging inc., had the font either sit too high or squished it in my apps and headings.

what i would do is go to manage applications, and then go to market and clear data. i find that this helps reset market, and also get rid of extra, unneeded data that builds up in market.

you will need to go into maket, however, and check the boxes again in all apps which you want automatic updating for. actually, i found that the automatic updating feature does not really work anyway, but try this and hopefully it will reset/reconfigure your purchase(s) so you can redownload them again.

sometimes i need to clear data to allow large app updates. don't know why.