• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Captivate Not Charging Or Accepting USB!

chelsealea

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
Hi,
I received my Captivate in December and was perfectly careful with it, but on Monday I dropped it. The screen cracked, but it seemed alright. That night it charged just fine, but when I got home it started acting funny. The charger would only work if the phone was lying flat, face up. So I went out and picked up a new charger, I'm pretty hard on chargers this was the third one I'd bought. Well, my phone died in the car, so when I got home with the new charger I quickly plugged it in. it didn't work at all. Ive got my phone hooked to the computer right now, but it isnt even recognizing that its plugged in! Every time I try to turn it on it just shows this little circle then goes black!
Anybody know what's up? Could the fall, which was only about a foot, have killed my phone or knocked a wire about?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones