1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Captivate stock Music Player issues!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by imam0nster, May 25, 2011.

1. imam0nster

imam0nster Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011
    So, I have the Samsung Captivate, obviously, and I love it. However, I am having issues with it. I want to use it as an mp3 player since my ipod is broken, but when I put songs on it, they weren't labeled correctly. The Media Player didn't recognize the artist name and organize it, instead it put the artist name in the song title and filed it under "Unkown Artist." Please help!

Advertisement

2. imam0nster

imam0nster Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011
    No help? D:

3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Welcome to Android forums, we are glad you are here. Chances are the reason your thread has not been answered is because it has to do with the Captivate and not about general applications. So in the future, if your question is phone specific, I would recommend posting in that phone's area(in this case: http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/)

Anyways, I no longer have my captivate, so I may be wrong, but if it is the same as my Atrix, the media scanner and music player uses the MP3's ID3 tag to identify the Artist, Song and Album. There are apps on the Android Market that will let you edit that info. So I recommend double checking the ID3 tag on one of the messed up songs. Let me know if it works out. You will have to unmount and remount the sdcard or reboot the phone for the change to take affect, but it worked for me.

4. gessi2000

gessi2000 Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011
    I have similar issues on my Galaxy S2 too... can't read the cover arts etc.

So I switches to PowerAmp which is far better

james27007 likes this.