• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Captivate vs. Motorola Droid 2

TipsyGizmy

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
I currently have both phones in my possession, but I'm trying desperately to find figure out which one is best for me.
The Captivate is beautiful, feels good in the hand, has excellent media functions, equalizer, HD video, and is a real head turner. However the messaging, blow, no emails are pushed, there is no adequate RSS feed widget, and the social networking integration is limited
The Droid 2 has Moto Blur which is absolutely amazing for messaging, social networking, and news, it also has a physical keyboard, and the GPS is awesome as well as 3G speeds, but the media functions are so so, there's no HD recording or Super AMOLED, and for some odd reason videos take longer to load form Youtube....
I know that the Captivate is like the best... but it just doesn't do what I need it to do, and Verizon has the only phone that does (Backflip, Flipout, and FlipSide, are way too much of a downgrade)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones