• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung changing my messages?

I've literally searched everywhere for a solution to this. It's not really that big of an issue and happens about once or twice a week but nothing can explain this.

Basically, the left photo is my girlfriends phone, she sent me a message, my phone displays a completely random second part of a message when it's delivered to me.

2ro3y4z.jpg

Any ideas?

Welcome to AF Scott!!
Whoa, that is odd indeed!

Do you notice it happening on longer texts? Or any particular words that may trigger it?

I don't think it's intentionally done by Samsung....just a glitch.

Perhaps there is some kind of common denominator here.

Location? Time of day? Person being texted? Type of phone being used by the recipient?
Are you both using the stock messaging app?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I find this very intriging:)

Upvote 0
Welcome to AF Scott!!
Whoa, that is odd indeed!

Do you notice it happening on longer texts? Or any particular words that may trigger it?

I don't think it's intentionally done by Samsung....just a glitch.

Perhaps there is some kind of common denominator here.

Location? Time of day? Person being texted? Type of phone being used by the recipient?
Are you both using the stock messaging app?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I find this very intriging:)

It is usually on longer messages, no words that seem to trigger it though, it's not that much of a problem, I think it's something to do with my provider as they are now looking into it. It's usually the same phone being texted, my girlfriends iPhone to my S3. Location and time could be completely different.

It sometimes actually makes me laugh how random it can be and rather intriguing. I use the swiftkey keyboard but that's the only thing I changed.

Yeah pole dancing. I agreed heavily that it was a good idea, don't worry, but I did have to cut my reply short for the screenshot!

Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones