1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Charge thinks USB connected but its not and then shuts down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by manatou, Sep 7, 2011.

1. manatou

manatou Lurker

Charged the phone overnight, and took it off the charger this morning. I noticed later it said 100% charged. I thought it was weird since it hadn't been on the charger for over an hour. Now it says USB Connected and keeps changing screens between home screen, media scanning, connect USB storage and Android system. It's just flashing from screen to screen and then will shut off after a few minutes. I have had it only about 2 months.

Anyone ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gr8Jeepin

Gr8Jeepin Newbie

Have you updated the MY Verizon App? When I updated it my phone was doing weird things. I ended up have to replace the phone. Just an idea.

3. manatou

manatou Lurker

I don't think it's been updated? It had something to do with the SD card. I took it out and now its working.... weird. Now I need to figure out how to put it back without the problem coming back.

Thanks

4. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Happened to me yesterday during the blackout when I had to use my external wireless emergency charger. It started happening when it was overheating.

5. mlbrundi92

mlbrundi92 Lurker

I just had this problem myself but I have a SAMSUNG ADMIRE and tried almost everything suggested online to no avail (clean miniUSB port, take out battery etc, etc). Only had Admire for barely two months. Anyway, problem started suddenly and went on for several days- constantly beeping and saying it was charging when not plugged in. Called Samsung and they said before exchanging the phone to perform a FACTORY DATA RESET. Said it may or may not work depending on what caused your problem. This will reset phone to the original settings when you got the phone. You will need to reload all applications you initially loaded when you got the phone. THIS TOTALLY HAS CLEARED UP MY PROBLEM! Phone is great now. Here

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews