• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Core Lte Sm-G386W Custom Recovery

skunkbudda

Jan 16, 2017
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction getting this phone rooted and with recovery/Backup options.

Ive been sucessful getting my Samsung S5 & a Tab 2 rooted and with backup recovery options and its already payed off with the S5 after installing Rom Toolbox and having my fonts messed up, thats in part to some help from this forum, so figured thus is the place to get some help with the above phone b4 I venture any further i need to have backup and recovery options.

Ive used odin with CF-Auto root to get my phone rooted, and this also installed SuperSU now im having trouble finding an option to flash a custom Recovery/Backup option onto this device. if anyone can offer some help it would be greatly apprecated.

There isnt much information for the Core Lte most writeups apply to the core 2 or the prime. ive already made one error trying to flash a recovery rom on this phone, was unable to reach the recovery setup but luckly flashing CF-Auto got me back to being able to access it.. and it seems like everything is back the way it should be,

So my device is rooted with CF-Auto root, now i need options on getting a custom recovery rom installed. hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a free downlaod to accomplish this, would be greatly apprecated from this skunk.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones