1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Samsung DIVE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by loony, Jun 29, 2011.

1. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    i had trouble with my samsung account and i assumed the problem extended to the DIVE aswell....after a conversation with a samsung techie, it turns out DIVE is NOT supported here in Australia yet :(
    Once again with an unknown when or IF it will ever be available.

So, if your having trouble with DIVE, check your country is supported first.

So spewin about this.

Advertisement

2. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2009
    Guru
    Ipswich
    Noob question, whats samsung dive?

3. Gretho

Gretho Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Samsung Dive is an online support tool from Samsung that lets you see where your SGS2 is and you can also lock your phone and/or delete all data in case it has been stolen. Quite neat really.

4. fssia

fssia Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Hi loony, are you able to register on SamsungDIVE? I can registered on the PC with no issue but when I tried to sign in from my handset then I was constantly brought back to the term of services (accept or reject) page, no matter how many times I accepted the terms. Is this your experience too?

5. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    i did register with samsung and can log in ok online, my phone had an issue of not being able to change settings with samgung related things....i even couldnt do a factory reset because it would not accept my password. i ended up doing a hard reset by entering *2767*3855#
    (backed up all data/contacts first as it wipes the phone) after that, the setting returned to normal.

But sorry no, never got that far with dive and after hearing its not supported (for now) i think im just going to get rid of the samsung account on the phone. DIVE is the only reason i signed up.

6. Traj

Traj Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    To have Samsung Dive application, Samsung Account is required.

But for both login samsung account from phone and samsung dive remote control(ex Ring), you should select/check the "use secure credentials" first. Please try

This "use secure credential" setting gets unchecked once you switch off the phone.