1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Samsung Epic Camera Showdown!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mistiq, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Kansas City
    Samsung Epic vs Apple iPhone 4 vs Motorola Droid X vs Blackberry Torch vs HTC DRoid Incredible vs Motorola Droid 2

Let the Showdown

BEGIN!!!!

Advertisement

Eazail70x7, Thai and Orlando Boom like this.
  2. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Kansas City
    Even though it wasn't the answer I was actually expecting, it seems that they did a fair job of judging the camera's in all types of conditions.

At least now I know not to ever ever count on using zoom in a life or death situation thought.

3. adelmundo

adelmundo Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Digital zoom is by far the worse way to zoom. Optical zoom is the way to go. I pretty much never zoom on my Epic, better to move closer to the subject than to use digital zoom.

Also, it goes to show that a 5 MP camera can beat a higher MP camera if the camera has better optics and sensors. MP count is mostly marketing hype, so unless you are printing super sized posters, then the camera on the Epic is sufficient.

4. Orlando Boom

Orlando Boom Member

Oct 10, 2010
    NICE! Thanks for the article! :) I wanted a good camera and didn't know how good the EPIC was. I thought the iPhone had a better camera. Now I love my phone even more.

5. Thai

Sep 24, 2010
    Thanks...sweet!!

6. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    web designer and developer
    Philleh
    I don't agree with their findings... BUT the Epic's camera is pretty nice. Overall I thought the iPhone 4 pictures looked better.

7. PoundSand

PoundSand Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    what looks "better" in isolation doesn't tell you very much about what's actually a better camera if you're not there to look at what something actually looks like under the given conditions. ;D

8. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Kansas City
    I remember back before the Epic was released, People were saying that the same people responsible for the iPhone 4's camera were behind the Epic's camera as well so I always assumed that the camera on here would be top of the class even if it was only 5mp (Just cuz 8mp sounds sexy it doesn't mean it actually is once the lights come up)

9. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Kansas City
    Mod's delete please.

10. omgitsspooky

omgitsspooky Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    My only issue with the Epic's camera is the shutter speed (I think that's what it's called). When you shoot a picture, it has about a 2 second delay and within those two seconds you have to stay extremely still to prevent blurring.

With the Evo, I noticed it's a lot quicker. As soon as you press the button, the picture is taken.

Is there a way to fix this?

11. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    The Evo has 2.2? Maybe thats why? Just guessing.

But I've found the Epic Shutter to be very fast imo. I have the "review" setting set to none so that I can quickly take pictures back to back.

12. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Excellent article. Not too surprised. The Samsung Moment's camera was very good as well.