1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Epic GPS Issues since Froyo 2.2 Upgrade [March]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pixiegirl729, Apr 13, 2011.

1. pixiegirl729

pixiegirl729 Guest
    None
    Am I just having really bad luck or is the latest upgrade a whole hot mess? I never got the original upgrade, which I know was pulled because it was really glitchy. I did get the upgrade in March 2011 and my phone has been acting up ever since!

First my battery life turned to shit. Granted it was never an amazing batter, but before it would last me most of the day if I didn't use my phone a lot. After the upgrade, it wouldn't last me through lunch! I took it to Sprint and they did a hard reset, which fixed the battery life issue (doubled the battery life at least) but then my GPS got messed up. Which unfortunately I didn't notice until after I had left the store. A couple of days later, my internet wouldn't connect unless I was in 4G mode.

Went back to Sprint, they did another hard reset and still the GPS wasn't working. So they gave me a new phone and the GPS was working fine. Except this didn't yet have the 2.2 Upgrade. I waited in the store for the upgrade to go through (only took 15min to download fully) and I tested the GPS, which I thought was working, but it turns out that it wasn't. My location was already locked from when I tested it before the upgrade so I assumed it was working, but once I left the store I realized it's not.

Now, my phone has decided to spazz out. Every so often it will vibrate for no apparent reason. It's kindda rhythmic actually, one buzz then three quick/short buzzes. Sometimes it will do it a few times and stop on it's own. Other times it will keep doing it until I pop out the battery (it won't respond to me turning it off).

My phone is NOT rooted, I don't plan to root it for now (don't know enough about all that to mess with it). Yes, I'll tried using Wi-Fi to fix my location, doesn't work. Turning the phone on/off doesn't help nor does playing with turning Airplane mode on/off, which were other suggestions.

I guess I'll take it back to Sprint again, but I'm curious if anyone else is having issues with the LATEST 2.2 upgrade and GPS. I keep seeing GPS related issues but they're mainly on the old, original upgrade.

Advertisement

2. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member
    None

I have had sporadic GPS issues since the update. Seems to be better since updating to Telenav from Sprint directions. Still can't use GasBuddy. (GB says that they are working on a fix.)

Now that you mention it, I also am having issues with some apps not working unless I get a 4G signal. I'll see what happens when I am out of a 4G area.

3. fareal

fareal Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    I had the random vibrate issue. Puzzling.

4. fareal

fareal Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
  5. kwbrown

kwbrown Lurker
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    I had the same issues. I took my phone into Sprint and they told me they could fix it by reinstalling the operating system. But, since I had not purchased insurance, they would have to charge me $35 to do it! Can you believe that??? They load a piece of crap operating system on my phone OTA and want to charge me to fix it? I will never never never never never never never never never buy another phone from Sprint. This is the absolute worse customer service I have ever seen in my life!