• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung epic

badkelly

Lurker
Dec 5, 2010
just recently got the samsung epic (can't believe i beat my wife to the hot new phone as she had a blackberry way before i did) and it's probably one of the best phones i've had ever. we are up around the vail/beaver creek area and are kinda hoping we can use the phone as hotspot for an extra $30 and save $120 if we can drop internet/cable. comcast kept jacking around and we were watching shows on our internet and realized that it could possibly work by tying the laptop to the tv with the hdmi cable as we've done in the past.

but we'll see. for now, this is the greatest phone and i can't believe i held out with my blackberry this long! i mean, the blackberry was a good, durable phone although the roller ball was driving me nuts, but this is simply leaps and bounds above the blackberry!

Hey I'm new here too... have an Epic and can't wait to use hotspot as well. Just wondering if there's a free way to use it. I'd like to connect myxbox and computers.
I have decent 4G coverage here.

Any way to unlock it, or whatever?

I just updated to Froyo via Odin and love the increase in speed so far!

Welcome to the Android Forums!

To do so you'll need to root your phone and install an appropriate wireless tethering app. You'll likely find answers here:

Epic 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

Reactions: AtomStrange
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones