• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate Lounge

my son is 16 and when he plays his lead guitar, it feels like there's smoke coming off it! Of course, music does run in the family. His mom and dad graduated Juilliard and his sister is a voice major in college. :)

^^^^ proud dad alert!

Damn, Im jealous. I want to get into music as a career. But unfortunately, musical artists are a dime a dozen, and making sure you're heard is INCREDIBLY difficult.

Upvote 0
Damn, Im jealous. I want to get into music as a career. But unfortunately, musical artists are a dime a dozen, and making sure you're heard is INCREDIBLY difficult.

Same here man! I love music soo much, but I usually shoot myself in the foot when it comes to playing. I'm just too damn self critical when it comes to my guitar playing.

Upvote 0
Tapatalk. The removal of that caused a bit of a frenzy.. for a while.

We'll get a native replacement in the (near?) future; it's being developed.

It's funny, but I posted a poll in the Lounge a while back asking users here if they've ever used Tapatalk. I can't give the exact numbers off the top of my head, but out of the quarter million members here there were less than two dozen responding that they had used it at some point.

;)
Well, I just got my Fascinate and want to use TapaTalk. Just now trying to find out how to use it. So WTH is it??

Upvote 0
Same here man! I love music soo much, but I usually shoot myself in the foot when it comes to playing. I'm just too damn self critical when it comes to my guitar playing.

Same here. Im far from amazing, but Im good enough to be playing in coffee shops and what-not, but I never have the courage to actually do it!

Upvote 0
Same here. Im far from amazing, but Im good enough to be playing in coffee shops and what-not, but I never have the courage to actually do it!
Come on now
you-can-do-it.jpg

Upvote 0
I think Im going to leave the lag fix off till the voodoo one is ready. I did some personal testing and battery life is definitely better with it off for me. Also I have inter-mittent issues with it on. I have said all along its barely anything more than a Quadrant score boaster. I do think it is slightly more than that but at this point Im running lag fix free for the moment. The sluggish-ness/responsiveness seems virtually the same. If one or the other seems better I can and will revert but again right now; waters seem calmer with the fix off. Mind you I've had this one for the past couple weeks.

Upvote 0
Is this ALL the way back on the second page?! Need to fix that!

Anywho, just wanna share this. I ADORE the camera on this phone, it astonishes me!! BTW terrible playing. The one thing as a musician that I can NEVER nail unless I can hear the back track loud enough, is timing. But its not bad considering I NEVER solo and this is really my second REAL attempt. Love that guit though.

YouTube - So far away cover (avenged sevenfold)

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
Yeah a lot of people rave about the camera and to some degree the music player. I have dabbled very little on either of those two, sadly. Apparently Im under using my device...in some aspects:eek:
ha ha well I'm using it as my phone, my main internet hub, my music player (hadn't used the stock one, just double twist so I can import my mac and keynes music from my ipod.works great) my handheld gaming device, my social hub (facebook and twitter),my first gps, and my camera and video recorder. Its the best investment I've made in a LONG time. If anything I'm over using it considering I'm scared of using all my battery life. I freaking Love this thing though.

Upvote 0
ha ha well I'm using it as my phone, my main internet hub, my music player (hadn't used the stock one, just double twist so I can import my mac and keynes music from my ipod.works great) my handheld gaming device, my social hub (facebook and twitter),my first gps, and my camera and video recorder. Its the best investment I've made in a LONG time. If anything I'm over using it considering I'm scared of using all my battery life. I freaking Love this thing though.
Yeah Agreed. It is an all in one device and a great one at that

Upvote 0
Ha ha I hear ya. I want an Evo so bad, but I suppose I must wait until next year sometime for the Verizon version. After having this phone though, I REALLY want a FFC. I NEVER thought I would say that.
Just wait. In six months all carriers will have their 4G, dual core cpu, FFC, Tegra 2/3 gpu and 1280x720/800 phones out. As unthinkable as it seems our beloved SF's and EVO's will truly seem second class

Upvote 0
Hey Guys,

Just got my Fascinate yesterday and LOVE it. Coming from an iPhone 4. I waited in line (for the iPhone), just to drop half a thousand dollars on a defective product. So when I had the chance to join a Verizon Family plan i jumped on it.

New to Android OS. But I must say the customization options are AMAZING. While a fantastic operating system (iOS), you really realize how "closed" it is.

I also am very impressed with the hummingbird (on par with the A4 IMHO), I am still getting used to the interface though. I LOVE live widgets, that was worth the switch alone in my opinion lol

Also I think the fascinate is the perfect screen size. The Droid X is a little excessive, and the incredible felt a little smaller. The Fascinate is perfect IMHO (screen size wise)

Mike Vera

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones