• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate Release Date Petition

Why would you want a phone that is currently full of bugs on the GSM carriers released before it's ready? The Fascinate is going to be a great phone but lets make sure it's working correctly first. Remember the last time Verizon rushed a phone out? The first generation Blackberry Storm!

Agree just wait and that way you wont be on here the day its released complaining about how many bugs it has

Upvote 0
I want the phone to not have any bugs in it as well, but why have an event where you debut all 4 variants for each of the major US Carriers and then be the last to the game...

The only reason I can think of is because VZW is in bed with Motorola after the whole Droid thing...they both put a lot of money into the DROID advertising and they want to get as many "suckers" into the first batch of phones as possible (not that the droid X or droid 2 are bad phones, I just feel the Fascinate is better, and there may be a decent amount of people that do).

I doubt that the delay in release is for "bugs" and thus the reason for my petition, if it is to get the "bugs" out than props to them, but its doubtful.

As to the point of the petition actually working, it may not, but it was a small portion of my Sunday, and I joined all the Android forums I was planning on doing anyway.

So thanks to those who signed, maybe at the rate Samsung is giving away phones they will humor the first few on the petition (i.e. Facebook give away, and Twitter Iphone users who were upset)

Upvote 0
I want it to come out but I rather it works, so let them take time testing. Lets not get another iPhone 4.
I'd rather have a 99% working phone now than have a 100% phone a month later.
Of course there are issues but there will always be, and it's not like they aren't gonna fix the issue if it were to launch.
Iphone4 had issues but they are minor I have over 10 close coworkers who use it a lot and say that issues are very minor.

Upvote 0
I'd rather have a 99% working phone now than have a 100% phone a month later.
Of course there are issues but there will always be, and it's not like they aren't gonna fix the issue if it were to launch.
Iphone4 had issues but they are minor I have over 10 close coworkers who use it a lot and say that issues are very minor.

But see I rather have a company who can make sure the device works enough like it should, I want the phone now also but I rather it work like it should. Nothing booted out the door to meet demands rarely end well. I don't wanna put down 200(USD) for a phone that messes up due to a "oversight" they made to hurry it out. And I don't think the issue the iPhone4 has with the antennae is a minor one since there were law suites about that and apple even tried to prove other phones do it to.

Upvote 0
But see I rather have a company who can make sure the device works enough like it should, I want the phone now also but I rather it work like it should. Nothing booted out the door to meet demands rarely end well. I don't wanna put down 200(USD) for a phone that messes up due to a "oversight" they made to hurry it out. And I don't think the issue the iPhone4 has with the antennae is a minor one since there were law suites about that and apple even tried to prove other phones do it to.
If phone calls, email, and web work, then for ME, it is a working phone. AND like I said, Samsung is not going to stop fixing the issues whether it is launched or not. I don't understand, can you name ONE issue with Galaxy that renders it unusable? Also, even if Samsung tries to fix all the issues, it will have MANY issues upon launch since a new phone will always have issues due to the fact that pre-release testing can never be as through as one done by hundreds of thousands of users.
Let's say I agree that Iphone4's antennae issues are not minor. MAIN reason it is getting all the publicity and lawsuits is because of iphone's popularity along with Steve Jobs' notoriety. I would say the design was done poorly and it sucks for those hold the phone using "death grip" I would say for a good majority of the people, issues are minor. I am not defending Apple or the iphone but the issues are indeed overblown.

Upvote 0
If phone calls, email, and web work, then for ME, it is a working phone. AND like I said, Samsung is not going to stop fixing the issues whether it is launched or not. I don't understand, can you name ONE issue with Galaxy that renders it unusable? Also, even if Samsung tries to fix all the issues, it will have MANY issues upon launch since a new phone will always have issues due to the fact that pre-release testing can never be as through as one done by hundreds of thousands of users.
Let's say I agree that Iphone4's antennae issues are not minor. MAIN reason it is getting all the publicity and lawsuits is because of iphone's popularity along with Steve Jobs' notoriety. I would say the design was done poorly and it sucks for those hold the phone using "death grip" I would say for a good majority of the people, issues are minor. I am not defending Apple or the iphone but the issues are indeed overblown.

I had a Vibrant and GPS flat out doesn't work 75% of the time. In addition email doesn't work right either. The non gmail client is slow and laggy making it almost a pain to use. I would call those serious issues.

Reactions: ckochinsky125
Upvote 0
I had a Vibrant and GPS flat out doesn't work 75% of the time. In addition email doesn't work right either. The non gmail client is slow and laggy making it almost a pain to use. I would call those serious issues.
I have heard the GPS issues before.
Is the email an issue with the exchange server or other-non exchange email?
I know Droid X has Exchange issues and also GPS issue (non the actual GPS but batter overusage with it). Most people end up using "Touchdown" as an alternative. I would say the email issue better be fixed soon, this is very important for all smartphones.

Upvote 0
...Remember the last time Verizon rushed a phone out? The first generation Blackberry Storm!
Hey now, I am still using the BlackBerry Storm and it is working perfectly fine. I did not have any of the problem the other users were complaining about. :D

The problem with the Storm is that it takes a rather steep learning curve and most of the traditonal BlackBerry users were not able to adapt to this learning curve. Majority of them cannot live without a physical keyboard and the trackball.

I want to replace my Storm is merely because it is technologically obsoleted. A 2 years old smart phone is very old. ;)

Upvote 0
I have heard the GPS issues before.
Is the email an issue with the exchange server or other-non exchange email?
I know Droid X has Exchange issues and also GPS issue (non the actual GPS but batter overusage with it). Most people end up using "Touchdown" as an alternative. I would say the email issue better be fixed soon, this is very important for all smartphones.

Exchange email works fine but the app is painfully slow to the point of making you not even want to use it. The Droid X exchange issue only affects those on Exchange 2003 and can be fixed by using the stock mail.apk which can be found online. I actually prefer the stock one anyway.

Reactions: substring
Upvote 0
Exchange email works fine but the app is painfully slow to the point of making you not even want to use it. The Droid X exchange issue only affects those on Exchange 2003 and can be fixed by using the stock mail.apk which can be found online. I actually prefer the stock one anyway.
If you don't mind, can you link me to where I can find stock apk?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
That is very useful information. So are you saying that there will not be a problem with Exchange 2008?

This is not going to affect me anyway because I will not put company emails on my phone because I do not want to be restricted by the IT policy.

Upvote 0
Exchange 2007 works fine on the Droid X (I assume you meant 2007 as there isn't an Exchange 2008). Exchange 2003 has a problem where you don't get notifications and it won't connect to servers that don't use SSL. Again this is only with the Motorola mail app. The stock one that can be downloaded on the web works fine with both 2003 and 2007. Here is the email apk I used.

You will end up with two Email programs on your phone, the yellow icon is the stock one that works.

Attachments

• Email.apk
    644.4 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
Verizon is to Motorola as At&t is to Apple. This phone won't sell on the verizon well because of the competition it has. The Captivate is doing well with at&t cause it's the only "REAL" andriod phone it has to offer. Don't get me wrong....i love the phone but it does have one major issue (that i'm experiencing) and that's the GPS not locking on fast. Even with that issue i rather have the Captivate then the same iphone.

Upvote 0
Why would you want a phone that is currently full of bugs on the GSM carriers released before it's ready? The Fascinate is going to be a great phone but lets make sure it's working correctly first. Remember the last time Verizon rushed a phone out? The first generation Blackberry Storm!

Full of bugs? Only major bug is GPS, and samsung announced this past week a fix will be available in september, thats a few weeks away.

No other major bugs. If you are reffering to stuff like "lag," I might remind you to take a look at any of the threads for other phones like DroidX, and you will see tons of complaints from consumers. Consumers will complain, even if a product is perfect.

Again Samsung Galaxy S phones are awesome, and even more so when GPS is resolved in a few weeks. I wish verizon had the fascinate, I would switch over and get that!

Upvote 0
The first Galaxy S came out in June (in Europe and Asia) and we are supposed to be excited that GPS will be fixed in September? That means Samsung has allowed their users to have broken GPS for months while continuing to release defective phones all over the world. Even worse the early reviews are coming in for the Epic 4G and its GPS is broken too despite coming out the end of August!

Believe me I really wish Samsung had gotten their act together with the Galaxy S phones but it's more of the same, they have amazing hardware and refuse to support them. Motorola released the Droid X in July and by mid september will have already released three updates (one at launch, one a few weeks after, and then froyo in early september). I have a Droid X and there is no lag except if you use the native launcher, if you use Launcherpro or ADW it's gone. I owned the Vibrant and there was lag everywhere unless you rooted your phone and messed around with where the phone stored the dbdata.

Upvote 0
The first Galaxy S came out in June (in Europe and Asia) and we are supposed to be excited that GPS will be fixed in September? That means Samsung has allowed their users to have broken GPS for months while continuing to release defective phones all over the world. Even worse the early reviews are coming in for the Epic 4G and its GPS is broken too despite coming out the end of August!

Believe me I really wish Samsung had gotten their act together with the Galaxy S phones but it's more of the same, they have amazing hardware and refuse to support them. Motorola released the Droid X in July and by mid september will have already released three updates (one at launch, one a few weeks after, and then froyo in early september). I have a Droid X and there is no lag except if you use the native launcher, if you use Launcherpro or ADW it's gone. I owned the Vibrant and there was lag everywhere unless you rooted your phone and messed around with where the phone stored the dbdata.

I agree samsung hasnt changed they still continue to make phones with awesome hardware but tons of bugs and do not stand behind their products

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones