1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Find My Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peperoo, Dec 17, 2013.

1. peperoo

peperoo Lurker

Hi

I'm located in the UK and i have lost My S4 last week. I've registered my device with samsung 'Find my Mobile' service back in April when i received the device.

I called up the authorities as soon as i lost it and blocked the SIM. I was strying to track the device through find my mobile service but the phone appeared offiline. However all of a sudden the phone appeared offline this morning and when i tried to track and wipe the mobile it kept prompting a notification message saying "The service is not available when the mobile's "Remote Control" function is turned off.". What does this mean?, What does the green light at indicating online means? Does it mean my phone is wiped off?

Please help me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I don't use the Samsung Apps sorry, but did you by any chance activate Android Device Manager in the Google Settings App?
    From here you can lock and erase your phone remotely.

Another app for you to consider in the future is Android Lost

3. peperoo

peperoo Lurker

Thanks Hawker,

I did try android device manager but can't remember specifically doing anything on google setting etc.. I also had AVG Anti-Theft installed in the phone but its saying that they cannot locate the device. The android device manager indicate the last used date as the day that i lost my phone. Does this mean that i have set it up properly?

Thanks again

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

You will be able to locate your device through ADM using google dashboard, but to lock+factory reset it, you would have had to have specifically told the app on the device to allow it to do so (Google Settings), or gone through the setup online. Either way, it will add ADM as a device administrator.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews