1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung free case promotion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thomasr1950, Dec 29, 2012.

1. thomasr1950

thomasr1950 Newbie

I registered my phone to get the free case today. After receiving the confirmation email with code i tried to order it. They gave all the free cases out! The giveaway just started 12/28. I contacted Samsung, got 2 #'s to call, neither # has anyone working on w/e's. I'm not happy, this promo just started. How can they be out already?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast

Very easily, they ran it because too many wanted the freebie instead of buying.

3. thomasr1950

thomasr1950 Newbie

i know. The promo started yesterday & they are already out. The promo runs thru 2/11. There's no way they could expect to have stock on hand thru 2/11.

4. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast

That's odd. I never got a confirmation email. I just got a page when I was done that said allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.

This was after I entered my address and everything. However, it doesn't appear as though I have any active orders.

5. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member

6. jeffdanger

jeffdanger Newbie

I think I read on one of the pages the gifts were limited to the first 12,100 requests. Lots of people over the world own this phone so I'm not surprised they ran out the first day. Tough luck I guess. I had to settle for a green case but really wanted blue.

7. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

Ran a promotion from 12/28-1/31 with over 30 million S3's sold alone and only gave away 12,000 covers... Not that I need some but seems they should have perhaps given out in batches or prepared to give away more. Was interesting to see all the facebook posts on samsungs site from people who felt tricked into registering for their spam mail with no reward. Oh well!

8. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast

this was done thru facebook, after they got all your personal info, your life basically, you will get now a $50 discount coupon...

9. UserName872

I got a 50% off 1 item coupon, not a $50 off...

10. ceva321

^^^
    oh my bad, then that's what you get......

11. UserName872

Although I wish it was $50 off lol.

12. ceva321

for some reason i think Samsung knew this and just wanted of millions of "i Like" shit on Facebook....for marketing purposes!!!!! :D

KOLIO likes this.
  13. Sayasugizo

Sayasugizo Member

(╯

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews