• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy 1.5 to 1.6 update problem

edholder

Lurker
Nov 2, 2009
Hi,

I recently updated my Galaxy through the Samsung Media Suite, assuming this was an update from 1.5 - 1.6.
The update seemed to go smoothly, the phone was powered the whole time and connected to the laptop and no error messages came up.

However when the phone completed install and turned back on, my android standard keyboard had disappeared. The only sign that there had been an update was the addition of the switchers icon, but in the system info my phone is still showing as build 1.5

In addition to this, the Samsung software on my pc is now not recognising the galaxy so i can't take transfer and back up and pictures from the phone and also it won't allow me to back up any of my contact info etc.

I've spoken to o2 and been advised to do system resets and have done this through the menu system, via the 8 digit code and also through holding down volume, call and power. However despite the intention of this being to return it back to a factory fresh software build, which i assumed to be 1.5, no changes occur other than all my data being wiped. I downloaded an awful keyboard from the market place as it happened to be a featured item so i could click on it....and this remains in place after the factory reset, as does the switchers button.

I just want my old galaxy back!!! i was really happy with 1.5 and now my phone is getting unuseable.

any help would be appreciated

oh, i forgot to mention. Whilst the original android keyboard disappeared, which i replaced with a downloaded one from the market, the original dialer still remains.

However when in a call, i can no longer bring up the dial pad....the whole of the touchscreen doesn't work whilst in a call.

grrrrrr :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones