1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy 2 wont work unless plugged into PC

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Android Question

Hi everyone,
    My phone crashed yesterday so I downloaded Odin and new firmware to Flash the system after Hardset didn't work. Here is my firmware link: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/confirm/24407/N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_XSA/
    I have a Samsung Galaxy II LTE Note and I am in Australia, so I hope this was the correct firmware. After installing the firmware using Odin my phone still got stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note II screen. I went into recovery mode again and cleared cache (as per others recommendations), and rebooted the system from the recovery mode. I thought that everything was okay, but when I unplugged the phone from the PC the same thing happened as before, i.e. the phone is stuck on Samsung Galaxy Note II screen and doesn't move. The battery is fully charged so I don't think it is that and it was working fine before all this trouble. The phone keeps turning itself on and off as well. When I try and download the new update the phone keeps intermittently turning on and off as well.
    Anyone got any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Obviously, if the phone turns off during an update, the device can really get hosed up big time.
    Once that happens, unless you can access Odin again, the device is usually bricked.

I assume the firmware you are trying to install is for the same carrier you are using?
    if it is not, you won't be able to do anything with it.

3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

If you can get back into download mode you need to get the most current Firmware for your phone from Sammobile. Looks like you downloaded 4.3 and you should have got the newer 4.4.2 for your country and Carrier. Knox will not let you downgrade.