1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Galaxy 5 apps problem- PLZ HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ahmedhanif007, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ahmedhanif007

ahmedhanif007 Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    hi guys, i have a samsung galaxy 5, a week back i upgraded it to android 2.2, everything is great but there's one problem. I installed some of my apps like skype,opera etc on SD card, yesterday my battery died out and when i switched on my cell after charging it, the apps which were installed on SD card were not visible, i went to settings option to manage applications, there it was showing that the apps were present, also when i searched for any installed (on sd card) apps they were there, but i could not find them anywhere on home screen. Guys plz help me, i have no idea what to do.

i m giving you the details of the phone:
    Model No: GT-I5500L
    android version: 2.2
    Baseband version: I5500LUYJP2
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-perftyoon.hwang@SEP-04 #2
    Build no: Froyo.UYJP2

Advertisement

2. oliver.cam

oliver.cam Lurker
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    i experienced exactly the same thing on my galaxy 5 with this build UYJP2. good thing is that it seems to be temporary -- or at least until the phone completes scanning and loading the file system and files on the sd card into memory -- all the icons and apps that were moved to the sd card (i used the free app 2 sd by sam lu) magically reappeared after about 5 minutes! not so sure about the exact cause, am just guessing with the above explanation. i do have a 16GB sd card so i'm guessing it takes much longer for the galaxy 5 to complete the scanning and displaying all installed apps on the sd card since it has a relatively slow processor and much smaller memory compared to a galaxy ace/s/s2. :)

added after edit:
    if apps and icons moved to sd don't load even after considerable time (more than 5mins), then just do a complete power cycle/reboot on the phone. happened to me as well a few times. :)