• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy A10e APN Setting Question

06Honda

Lurker
Feb 18, 2021
I am attempting to setup data to my phone and have a question about one setting. The setting is APN type: default,supl,mms

My phone shows this setting but does not have the exact same info under the APN type. See images for both the provider settings and my phone options for APN type. Any ideas which one to select on my phone, this is my first time adding data to any phone :)

Attachments

• Petro Mobility Data Settings.jpg
    Petro Mobility Data Settings.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_20210826-072358_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-072358_Settings.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 169
I am attempting to add data/internet to my Phone. I use a Samsung Galaxy A10e, my confusion is with the APN setting that my service provide gives as APN type: default,supl,mms. Issue is my phone does not list this setting as it is given by provider, so I am not sure which one to select.
My phone has the following options to select under APN type:

Internet+MMS+DUN
Internet+MMS+IA
Internet+MMS
Internet+DUN
Internet+XCAP
Internet
MMS
DUN
IMS
XCAP

Bascially which one of these do I select to give me what my service provider has as the needed setting of default,supl,mms, as this is not listed this way on my phone. My service provider is Petro Mobility but does not give support for data setup and told me to contact the phone manufacter. Any help would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
So apparently you've been adding all kinds of APN entries, with each one named for individual items that make up a typical APN, and they are for Rogers Wireless. You need to use the APN settings that apply to Petro Mobility.
At this point, you might want to just start over. Delete all of them. Now create a new one, and just one. Go to this site, it's the APN settings posted by Petro:
https://mobility.petro-canada.ca/support-data-settings.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Be sure to type the settings shown exactly as is, spelling is important and even when there's no space character do not add in your own. And it's typical for some of the settings to not have anything to enter so leave them blank. The end result is one APN entry, not multiple ones.
Be sure that new APN entry you just created is selected in the menu, and be sure to restart your phone. Now check if your cellular service is working properly.

Upvote 0
Bascially which one of these do I select to give me what my service provider has as the needed setting of default,supl,mms, as this is not listed this way on my phone. My service provider is Petro Mobility but does not give support for data setup and told me to contact the phone manufacter. Any help would be much appreciated.
If your provider is refusing to assist you with setting up the data connection, that is horrible customer service and you should probably choose a new provider. The phone manufacturer cannot assist in any way, as each provider's APN settings are unique

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones