• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515FZKJTPA

Android 10: So, what are the pros and cons? I installed Greenify, but maybe it is not necessary any more?
pros and cons of android 10? i can't think of any cons tbh. on my note 10+ i do not really notice any major differences between android 9 and 10. sure there some tweaks and the look of things are a tad different.

greenify? this sounds like a task killer to me. never used one. i do not see a reason for them. my phone's built in "device care" works pretty good at managing my battery, storage, and memory. i do not think this is an android 10 feature but more of a Samsung One UI 2.1 feature.

Upvote 0
I saw that if you try to root this phone, "Your KNOX status will be tripped..."

Your Knox counter will get tripped when rooting any Samsungs. Once tripped your factory warranty will be void. Most likely, Google Pay, banking apps, Netflix, a hand full of other apps won't work on a rooted device. It depends on several factors, for the most part you'll have to pass "saftynet".

Greenify is ok but if your Samsung has "Smart Manager " as a pre-installed system app, clearing all or clearing ram will also kill Greenify.

Upvote 0
Greenify is exactly that, a useless task killer. Why even keep it?
Ok, goodbye Greenify! I have been using Nova Prime launcher for years and installed it on this phone. Any thoughts on how to configure it best for this phone? There seems to a compatibility issue with Google and swiping?
@MrJavi I don't see a "Smart Manager", but that does not mean it's not there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Yikes! I just ordered a hybrid case for this phone via Amazon. It will take a full week to deliver.[lots of time to drop and break] Does anyone know of a company that has a case for this phone and will ship it sooner?
EDIT: I had to get a case local. It's not a hybrid. I'll probably order another one later.
EDIT2: FYI, One day/next day amazon prime shipping translated to at least 1 week for delivery. Anyone else run into this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, I don't see much activity here. I used to get rooting tutorials, ROMs, etc. for previous phones here. Are we deferring to XDA these days? i.e. Facebook is an system app on this. I assume if I want to uninstall system apps, I would need to root my phone and be aware of drawbacks like tripping KNOX?
EDIT: One thing I read at XDA is folks are more interested in the A71 and not so much for the A51?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones