1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy a71 Has No Gyroscope?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Makineko, May 17, 2021.

1. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy a71 used, confirmed in the settings it's the right model and everything, but I tested with a VR app as well as Pokemon Go, but it says no gyroscope was detected... I don't think it's very used, it seems to be in very good condition. It says model a71 in the options, when i researched it before-hand, it seems they all have gyroscopes.

Did I get a gyroscopeless version or something? I bought this specifically for the gyroscope...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That phone is supposed to have a gyro according to specs. But could be it's faulty?

3. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

Yeah, it might be, I wonder if I could bring it in somewhere to get it fixed?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Try Samsung service centre, or authorised repair agent.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

That app says A71, but all the device specs are off... Even though the settings say 8gb ram, device info says 1gb. The storage says 256gb, but device info says a measily 6gb storage. Did I buy a fake phone? Or is device info lying to me? lol

7. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

I suppose there are a few reasons why it thinks the device name is A71.

Try Geekbench 5 as well. There's also Antutu but I can't remember why you can't see it in Play Store. They're the big two afaik.

It doesn't look good though. How many cores are showing and compare to the A71 specs on GSMArena.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

No, I
    No, I'm pretty sure it's fake, it says 4 cores, when it should have 8... It's showing in storage that I have 256gb but I just put a bunch of files it, no more than 3gb, now it says I'm using 152gb. Geez, I thought I'd be able to spot a fake, it's not a terrible phone, it seems to run just fine. It's just all the specs are fake. I mean, I paid about 100$ for it used, but wow, they certainly know how to make these fakes look genuine.

Dannydet, ocnbrze and Madd61 like this.
  9. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

They've probably been years at it :(

I hope you get your money back if it was on somewhere like Ebay.

ocnbrze and Makineko like this.
  10. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

It was on facebook market, I'll see if the scammer gives me my money back lol... If not, i'ma report them to Facebook. I don't have high hopes. Dude, all I wanted was a phone with a damn gyroscope, saw an A71 for sale and thought I got lucky. lol

ocnbrze and Madd61 like this.
  11. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

I think most phones have a gyroscope if not a compass sensor, although my spare Moto E6 Plus doesn't have either but I don't game so I like it.

Shame you can't buy Xiaomi phones if you're in the US. they have excellent phones at massive daily reductions on Mi. com. I bought two with very high spec but they have many around the £100 mark on weekly deals.

Let us know how you get on, and if you need advice from countrymen on what to buy.

12. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

Oh yeah? Xiaomi have gyroscopes? I'm not too trusting of Chinese phones, I bought a cheap one while I was in China and couldn't even use google play lol, but I'll have a look at the phone store, pretty sure they have Xiaomi. I'm actually in Vietnam right now.

And I mean, really any phone is an improvement on my Blu R2 Plus, this phone is the worst lol. But, I need a gyroscope because I'm designing a VR game, and neither of my phones have one.

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I was a Samsung, Motorola or Nokia guy, but Xiaomi are really excellent (Redmi, Mi and Poco models) and as good if not surpassing Samsung. Massively big manufacturer.

The UI is very refined, English and slimmed down now with MIUI 12.

14. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

Well shit, I shouldn't have been cheap and just bought myself a Xiaomi. I looked it up and the cheaper ones seem to be about double what I paid for the fake? I paid about 75~100$ so that's not bad at all lol

Madd61 and ocnbrze like this.
  15. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

I learned to delve into the website where prices change, higher storage versions are reduced to much less than the base model, price at checkout is reduced, you get regular automatic price coupons etc

Unusually this week they seem to only have reductions on mid spec models, but here in the UK site the Redmi Note 9 128gb is down to £119. The Redmi 9 (../A/S..) is normally cheaper but the Note 9 models have the gyroscope.

Keep an eye on it for fun if you may be buying in the near future. Hardware, build and specs are excellent.

Makineko and ocnbrze like this.
  16. Makineko

Makineko Newbie

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. When I have money, that scammer responded to me saying she never said the phone was genuine, no returns. It said in the description "Japanese hand-made". Wow. lol

I think my local phone store has a Redmi note 9... I'm never buying a used phone again XD

ocnbrze and Madd61 like this.

A71 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews