• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy ace 2 gt-i8160 bricked. Help.

darktank

Lurker
Nov 9, 2014
Hey guys i was trying to put CWM on my galaxy ace 2 to upgrade it from jelly bean to kitkat but that cost my phone to be bricked. I can go to odin mode (downloading mode) but i don't know what to do and i don't have the right files and can't find them on google. Can anyone help me here? thank you in advance.

So guys i searched yesterday to find a way to unbrick my phone and i haven't. But i thought how could this thing now can be unbricked.... So i found a way that worked for me .

1.If your phone can go to downloading mode (Odin mode) then put it there.
2.If you have (jelly bean 4.1.2 OS) and you have the right files when you used them to get jelly bean 4.1.2 through Odin ... continue.
3.Do the same procedure that you've done while your phone was good and not bricked to transfer your gingerbeard (2.3.6) to jelly bean (4.1.2)
4.It should work all good.

P.S It worked for me and i tried it cause i had nothing to lose with my bricked phone but now i have everything to lose so it's better to be safe than to be sorry.If you want to upgrade your phone from jelly bean or gingerbeard or any other OS you are using , better take it to professionals who work on these things and have the warranty on your pocket.
That's it guys i hope i helped some of you and remember , use this while have the Samsung Galaxy ACE II (model GT-I8160).

P.S2 I know nothing more about this so everything i know is inside this post.
Thank you in advance! Bye bye.

-DarkTank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones