1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy Ace - Main screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Titan2, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Titan2

Titan2 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Hi,
    I would like to ask how can I set home screen on different position than 1st?

Thanks for answer.

Advertisement

2. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hi Titan2,
    Home screen is exactly what it says: the first thing you see after starting up (like a home page on the web is the first thing you get when starting up the internet).

3. Titan2

Titan2 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Hi Marcha,
    Thanks for answer but I think that I did`t explain clearly what is my problem :). You have some screens from 1 to max 7. You can add there widgets and program icons. You can switch them with horizontal finger move. Wherever you are (in some menu or some screen) after pressing physical button on front side of phone you are moved to "home screen". It is on 1st position. But I want this home screen on different position so I can have other screens not just on right side but also on left side. I hope that you can understand what I think :).

4. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hey there Titan2,
    It's me again. I know what you mean. The matter is: I know you can switch screens from home screen. But you can't change home screen to another position than 1st, it stays the "actual" home screen, meaning that no matter what you want, home screen wants to be and will be first. Wish I could tell you something else. The only purpose of having more screens is more room to put widgets etc. upon the first screens before having to open secondary screens.

5. wearethestorm

wearethestorm Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    London
    Titan2 I think it's fairly obvious what you're asking!

It all depends on what launcher you are using. I'm not sure how you do it with the standard android launcher (or if you even can?) as I don't use it.. But with Go Launcher (and many others) it is possible to, for example, have 7 screens and choose 4 to be your home screen. Then you'd be able to scroll left 3 screens, or right 3 screens from your homesceen, which is what you're after..

In Go Launcher you simply go to edit and then long press on the home icon at the bottom of the screen you want to be the homescreen. Simple!

6. Titan2

Titan2 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Thank you guys. It works perfectly :).

7. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    you could just move all the apps and widgets from the other screen to the one you want and vice versa lol

8. s371abl

s371abl Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2012