• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Ace -Remove device from email account

1645A

Lurker
Jun 29, 2020
Hi,
I want to remove the above device from an email account and would appreciate help on how to do it.

Everything I have read in research has indicated that it is the device I need to remove, not the account. I have more than one device (phone, tablets) that I do want to lose the email account for. Just want to remove this Samsung Galaxy Ace S765C from the email account.

Thank you

You might be confusing your email account with your phone's user account -- i.e. your phone will be tied to your primary Google account but you always have the option to use that same Gmail account as your email service, or a different Gmail account, or a different email service like Outlook, Yahoo Mail, etc.
Anyway,you need to delete the email account in whatever email app you're using. You're working off of a lot of misconceptions. Whatever email account will be removed from your email app, it won't access it any more. And it doesn't get deleted from your Galaxy Ace. Your email account exists on various email servers online, not on your phone. Your phone is simply a way to access your emails, so whether you use one phone, or two phones, or more isn't the issue. All of them will still just get linked to your online email account, or not depending on you want to manage things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones