• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy apps missing

this is tricky as i cant make a sticky for everything.
mustymod is still in beta and he does say things dont wark properly.

hopefully andronix will see this and double check the ones that are missing as i believe he checked the ones at the top of the post and not the recently reported ones (my bad i should have been more specific)

Musty will need to be contacted as this means google is caching some info about the device type and removing these apps either bacause of auth whitelist or becuase they are not available for 2.0

its saving it to the google profile :( thats not good news

Upvote 0
same problem here. :/

as someone stated above it could be google and not the rom. anyone thats used 2.0 might have problems. layar is not 2.0 compatible yet however its more a concern that google is caching this somewhere in your account prefs so if you want to move back to 1.5/1.6 then you wont get these back (although you might after a week when it catches up?)

Upvote 0
Any news on this matter? For some reason it seems that the last two days or so I cannot download anything from the market anymore. I'm in the same position as Valin and Andronix that after testing mustymods 2.0 (or just my Google-account with the the 2.0 market) some apps have gone missing. As I tested mustymod's rom some time ago I don't think that Google will actually reset something. Anyone happens to know a workaround? And do you also have problems downloading anyting from the market for the last couple of days?

Upvote 0
It's affecting to all the people who is upgrading to a non-valid 2.x ROM everywhere

HTC Hero dudes are having the same problems, and I found a solution here:
Apps missing from marketplace - Android @ MoDaCo

Maybe someone with more contacts around the HTC Hero groups can get more info about what's the market doing with these steps.

My theory is that the new Market has flagged us with a "special" state after checking that we were using a non-valid ROM (musty's). If this fix works, it seems that it can be easily solved logging again into your account with a good ROM (i.e. with a Droid). Then, Google consider us again as normal users.

Also, just my thoughts, this does not work returning to IK4/IK5 ROMs because they are using the old market. I hope that creating an AOSP 2.x build for Galaxy (with a good signature and who knows what more) will fix our accounts

Upvote 0
Only way I've found to solve this problem and be able to use the apps missing in our modified primary Google account is to:
- nandroid backup with the HDblog recovery image;
- wipe using the recovery;
- use a new or non-modified account to install the apps you want and have gone missing;
- backup those apps with the Astro app manager on your (internal) sd;
- restore the nandroid backup made in step 1;
- use Astro to re-install the backed up missing apps.

This way you've got all the apps with your primary (modified) Google account. Tested on K4 and working. Hope this helps others out there struggling with the same issue.

Upvote 0
To update apps you have to repeat the proces and overwrite the backup apps in Astro. I know it's annoying but to me it seems to be the only way to use all apps with a modified account.

Maybe someone on androidforums can test if it's musty's or a 2.0 rom in general by using the market with a new or secundary Google account on a Droid and then use the same account in a Galaxy/Hero/.. with 1.5? Personally I think it's the market musty's using thats affected somehow. Can't imagine Google making such a mistake. Besides if it is Google we can mass-stalk them with questions. Therefore I'm pretty curious.

Upvote 0
To update apps you have to repeat the proces and overwrite the backup apps in Astro. I know it's annoying but to me it seems to be the only way to use all apps with a modified account.

Maybe someone on androidforums can test if it's musty's or a 2.0 rom in general by using the market with a new or secundary Google account on a Droid and then use the same account in a Galaxy/Hero/.. with 1.5? Personally I think it's the market musty's using thats affected somehow. Can't imagine Google making such a mistake. Besides if it is Google we can mass-stalk them with questions. Therefore I'm pretty curious.

Sorry but I do not class that as a working fix to the problem

If apps can be found on galaxo rom then the problem can
be fixed its just a matter of someone smarter than me
looking at it

Rellikzephyr

Upvote 0
I dont see tube downloader after flashing 1.6

That's probably because the new fw hasn't been whitelisted yet. Might take a couple of days to find all the apps again. It's just that ones that disappeared after testing musty's 2.0 can be found again.

Edit: just switched back to K4 and still I can find all apps again. If you mean youtube downloader from Sirius or Warren Miller I can find it.

Upvote 0
That's probably because the new fw hasn't been whitelisted yet. Might take a couple of days to find all the apps again. It's just that ones that disappeared after testing musty's 2.0 can be found again.

Edit: just switched back to K4 and still I can find all apps again. If you mean youtube downloader from Sirius or Warren Miller I can find it.

Koyote soft tube downloader...
Whitelist thing might be the answer. Maybe thats the reason atrackdog finds updates i cant see or instal from market...

Upvote 0
man this sucks. been on 1.6 for a week and can't install some apps i've paid for! the developers of Gentle Alarm were kind enough to help me with the problem but no such luck with BeamReader- they just said "sorry can't do anything, we only distribute through the Android market". not their fault, but annoying when you've bought the app and can't get it again.

i bet it'll be an age before samsung officially release 1.6 and google add it to the whitelist. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones