• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy Avant twrp recovery...?

Ryan1976

Mar 20, 2016
I think I've rooted my avant and I'm trying to install twrp recovery I run through the steps in Odin everything seems fine Odin says Pass, I boot into download mode and the stock recovery shows up...what am I doing wrong..? the program I rooted with was CF-auto root, I do have SUPER SU in my device so I'm assuming I did root it right...? Any advise would be great

Hi seriously thanks for getting back to me I thought that would have done it but again everything seems to work got the "pass" in Odin then boot into download on my phone it just goes into stock....recovery it's weird because I have watched tutorials and read up on doing it and It seems like it works, I don't get any signs that I'm doing anything wrong it just doesn't work I've been doing it for 4 days, anyhow I seriously appreciate you getting back to me

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2016-03-21-23-31-44.png

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for helping out, I ended you using flashify, I think I flashed over stock and was able to recovery boot into TWRP....installed CM11 and it's working like a brand new phone, it took a few days but was worth it I've uploaded the CM11 file for anyone looking to install on the Samsung Avant..again thanks for your help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones