• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Centura 4.04 updates

• Thread starter centura galaxy android
  • Start date
C

centura galaxy android

I am already registered on this forum but didn't find the sign-on screen so posting here for help. I am yjsk2100. I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.04. When I first got it I think the phone tried to update with that little green android but it took so long I thought it got hung up so I shut off the phone, turned it back on and the little green man was gone. It did this 2 more times over the course of a few months so I finally just manually checked for updates. This stopped on May 15 and no updates since then. I tried but it says the phone is already up to date but I am unsure if this is true or not. I would like to update to version 4.3 or 4.4 but unsure how to do this. Can this be done manually??

There are a few things I wanted to do with the phone but because I have version 4.04 I cannot. It says my version is an old one and to update to the newer version. This is the help I am asking for. How is this done?? Or do I need to get a new phone with the new version on it. It is a Tracfone using minutes with no provider. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and thanking whoever in advance.

I think you are right. I am in the process of getting another phone. I use Tracfone with minutes because I don't use the phone that much. I have found a few but still undecided. I looked at ZTE Citrine LTE, ZTE Paragon, LG Rebel. All of them are 4.4 Kit Kat or 5.1 Lollipop. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Centura 4.04 that quit updating back in May 2016. Are reconditioned phones good? Any help with this is greatly appreciated and thanking you in advance. I am on a budget so the cheaper the better but a phone similar to the one I currently have but newer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones