1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy Centura 4.04 updates

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by centura galaxy android, Aug 10, 2016.

1. centura galaxy android

None
    I am already registered on this forum but didn't find the sign-on screen so posting here for help. I am yjsk2100. I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.04. When I first got it I think the phone tried to update with that little green android but it took so long I thought it got hung up so I shut off the phone, turned it back on and the little green man was gone. It did this 2 more times over the course of a few months so I finally just manually checked for updates. This stopped on May 15 and no updates since then. I tried but it says the phone is already up to date but I am unsure if this is true or not. I would like to update to version 4.3 or 4.4 but unsure how to do this. Can this be done manually??

There are a few things I wanted to do with the phone but because I have version 4.04 I cannot. It says my version is an old one and to update to the newer version. This is the help I am asking for. How is this done?? Or do I need to get a new phone with the new version on it. It is a Tracfone using minutes with no provider. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and thanking whoever in advance.

Advertisement

2. yjsk2100

yjsk2100 Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    I want to thank those who read my post but were unable to help me. You can close this thread because in the long run I will probably get a new phone.

3. IsaacGuti

IsaacGuti Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2014
    Male
    In my shell
    I think that device is stuck with android 4.0, there doesn't seem to be an update for it from what I looked up. I guess it's time for a new phone

4. yjsk2100

yjsk2100 Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    I think you are right. I am in the process of getting another phone. I use Tracfone with minutes because I don't use the phone that much. I have found a few but still undecided. I looked at ZTE Citrine LTE, ZTE Paragon, LG Rebel. All of them are 4.4 Kit Kat or 5.1 Lollipop. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Centura 4.04 that quit updating back in May 2016. Are reconditioned phones good? Any help with this is greatly appreciated and thanking you in advance. I am on a budget so the cheaper the better but a phone similar to the one I currently have but newer.