• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung galaxy discover sch r740c cricket

steven white

Jan 5, 2014
Ok i have a samsung galaxy discover sch r740c its rooted i need to fix memory problem ..i have none need to move apps to sd ..phone wont let me says something about internal memory is emulated ..need some one to tell me how to fix so i can move apps to sd.ive tried all app store app ...no luck phone is rooted i have no acess to pc ...

Also i had to un root my phone to update it is that a problem..? And can i root it again after unroot ?

K, so, depending on version of phone will depend on your root options, I will assume 4.1.2:
Vroot -- supposed to work (I haven't tested
Flash CWM via odin, boot into recovery and disable the recovery from boot patch.. so that CWM will persist, download SuperSU and install root via CWM..

keep in mind extsdcard refers to external sdcard not ext partition on SDCARD... for that you will need to repartition your SDCARD

manual option to swap sdcard with extsdcard (should be similiar/untested for device):

How Do I Easily Move Apps to External Micro SD card on the PMID701C? - Page 2

www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - Deploying 'extsdcard' as 'sdcard' with Root Explorer

Solved! How to swap the internal and external SD cards so apps install externally - xda-developers
(will need init.d support added)

I did not find an app to directly swap at this time, try google and explore, see what you can find.. would continue to search but not enough time this morning....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones