• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Europa Text Problems

I have just downloaded Kies and so far no repeat texts over last 2 days but I'm not getting text for hours, sometimes until the following day so it has not resolved all issues! My contacts are fed up sending me test texts with the time on. Nothing for a whole day then loads of texts come through all at once and you don't know when they were sent & your friends think you're not speaking to them...or worse, I think they're blanking me!!???? I don't know whats worse....the 50+ of one text or the silence and paranoia of owning this piece of crap phone!!!!

Upvote 0
I have just downloaded Kies and so far no repeat texts over last 2 days but I'm not getting text for hours, sometimes until the following day so it has not resolved all issues! My contacts are fed up sending me test texts with the time on. Nothing for a whole day then loads of texts come through all at once and you don't know when they were sent & your friends think you're not speaking to them...or worse, I think they're blanking me!!???? I don't know whats worse....the 50+ of one text or the silence and paranoia of owning this piece of crap phone!!!!
I presume you mean that you have installed Android 2.2 (froyo) into your phone and not just installed Kies on your PC?

Upvote 0
For all of you on O2 PAYG, I had exactly the same problem with repeated texts, so I upgraded to Froyo using Odin. Problem sorted-no more repeated texts. If you're waiting for the Froyo update via Kies, then don't hold your breathe or else you're going to turn an interesting shade of blue! If you check out the iGyan site http://igyaan.in/2011/01/diy-how-to-install-2-2-froyo-on-your-samsung-galaxy-5/, and follow the steps you can have Froyo in less than an hour

Upvote 0
i have that same problem my girlfriend and i have the same phone, we both got it at the same time and both had multiple texts from each other but no one else now my girlfriends phone stopped that. but my phone keeps recieving multiple texts just from my girlfriends phone.
and my girlfriends with tesco and im vodaphone
have u found out how to fix it yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones