1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support samsung galaxy europa wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by incarman, Dec 26, 2010.

1. incarman

incarman Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    hi all, hopw this is the right section to post this, need a little help here. got my son a samsung galaxy europa for x mas and we are trying to connect to wireless in our house, problem is the phone finds the network but it wont accept the password. the phone network settings say wpa wpa2 but the router setting is wep. i dont know how to change the router settings so how do i change the phone settings to match my router. (hope thats understandable).thanks in advance. all the best

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, incarman.

If your device is detecting wpa/wpa2 security, it's most likely that is the type being used by your router. I'd start by double checking that, and the pass-key.

If it turns out you're right, and the router is set up with the older wep, then you may need to change the router settings because some newer devices have trouble with that old security method.

If you cannot change the wep settings to wpa/wpa2, I'd try rebooting the phone (just shut it down, wait a minute, then turn it back on) and starting over with wireless settings.