• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 announcement

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys....anybody excited for the upcoming event? i'm really curious to see if i should either wait for the next Note to come out in 2022 or see what the Fold 3 will have to offer.

if you did not know the event will happen on Aug 11th....not sure on the time though.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/the-next-galaxy/reserve/

i want to reserve one, but i;m not so sure if samsung's incentives are worth it or not. in case you did not click on the above link here is what they are offering for reserves right now:
    • Highest online instant trade-in values. Reserve for up to an extra $100 trade-in credit.
    • Your first 12 months of Samsung Care+ included (up to a $155 value)
    • An extra, special offer towards Galaxy products during pre-order.

my phone is paid off so not sure if i want to trade it in or not. plus the back is cracked as well. i also might keep it and use it as my work phone. my boss said that he will pay for the bill which means that i might get the Fold as my personal phone and just get a different phone number for it.

any ways anybody excited for the Fold 3?

Last edited:
    Reactions: kate
    I'm not tired of my current phone but I'm always excited to see the latest and greatest.
    i'm not tired of my phone either, but i have always found these phones intriguing. and they just keep getting better. they are claiming that this phone will be water resistant but not dust proof. i really hope that they will add s-pen support. if they do, that might just sway me over.

Reactions: olbriar and mikedt
    Upvote 0
    $1900 for a phone?
    I'll stick with my $200 Motorola and save my cash.
    That's the other thing rumors are saying. It's been rumored (or a wish) that the price will drop as well. Some say it won't be more then $1500 for it. For me if I do get it, I'll will finance it.

edit: i decided to buy it out right. maid sense, since my boss offered to for the phone bill..

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dannydet
    Upvote 0
    :thumbsupdroid: :thumbsupdroid:

The Galaxy Fold, new Moto RAZR, and others are cool technology but even if the Fold 3 is reduced to $1,500 that's just too much for a phone.
    Well my note 10+5G cost $1300 at the time. So a phone that can fold for a few extra $200 might be worth it, depending on what they have to offer for me. Plus it's not just a phone anymore it will be a true tablet as well.

Reactions: kate
    Upvote 0
    I'm still rockin' Jeanette (Galaxy Note 10+) and she's starting to act up & show her age... so I await August 11th with keen interest. From what I'm reading, the Fold 3 could be the most revolutionary device since the Note. That big screen is just begging for S Pen support: and while the S Pen Pro isn't something that can be nested inside the Fold 3, it'll make a fine accessory.

There are also rumors that the S Pen Pro will be included with Fold 3 pre-orders; while the Galaxy Buds 2 will be bundled with the Flip 3. I'm stoked and my calendar is cleared off on the 11th from 10:45 AM EDT to about 12:45 PM!

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    I'm still rockin' Jeanette (Galaxy Note 10+) and she's starting to act up & show her age... so I await August 11th with keen interest. From what I'm reading, the Fold 3 could be the most revolutionary device since the Note. That big screen is just begging for S Pen support: and while the S Pen Pro isn't something that can be nested inside the Fold 3, it'll make a fine accessory.

There are also rumors that the S Pen Pro will be included with Fold 3 pre-orders; while the Galaxy Buds 2 will be bundled with the Flip 3. I'm stoked and my calendar is cleared off on the 11th from 10:45 AM EDT to about 12:45 PM!
    yeah the only thing is i hear that the camera is not getting an upgrade. from what i have read is that it will most likely be the same camera from the fold 2. but other than that the s-pen would be incredible. they are saying that this s-pen will only work on the fold 3 though. they have modified the tip to be able to work on the fold 3 only due to the special screen the fold 3 uses.

Upvote 0
    @ocnbrze I have already reserved a spot... and IF I decide I really like the Fold 3's features, I'll pre-order it. Just like last year's disastrous Note 20 Ultra, however, I'll return that thing (plus any premiums) if it fails to live up to expectations. I've learnt my lesson, though, about carrier-branded phones... never again. Trying to return a defective phone to Verizon is like pushing a rope. You can do it, but it's time-consuming and aggravating.

Nor will I trade anything in with Samsung. They are notorious for finding some microscopic fault, giving them the excuse to deny the trade and keep the device (see trade-in terms & conditions). I'll sell my phone on Swappa or eBay.

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    so did anybody watch the event?

very interesting. the s-pen tech i found fascinating. the z flip3 looks interesting but i really like how the fold 3 looks. they did not go into all of the available options for the phone, however. like is there a 5G option which i'm sure there is. are there different sizes available as far as storage? or is it just one phone model and that is it.

i just peaked at BestBuy and they have a pretty sweet deal where the phone as seen at the event to be $1799. however BestBuy is offereing $1499 with activation on the 256g unlocked phone:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...nlocked-phantom-green/6466001.p?skuId=6466001

and the 516g unlocked phone at $1599 normally $1899: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...nlocked-phantom-black/6466009.p?skuId=6466009

Reactions: olbriar
    Upvote 0
    Not only did I watch Unpacked, I pre-ordered the Fold 3 and the S Pen Pro was free!

It was weird because with my military discount the Fold 3 with 256GB storage is $1664... the one with 512GB storage is $1657! Well okay then... since it doesn't have a microSD slot, I'll need that storage.

I was hoping to get the flip case but no one could tell me if I can get it without the S Pen Fold Edition, which I don't need. Ah well, I have until the end of August to figure that and the holster...

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Not only did I watch Unpacked, I pre-ordered the Fold 3 and the S Pen Pro was free!

It was weird because with my military discount the Fold 3 with 256GB storage is $1664... the one with 512GB storage is $1657! Well okay then... since it doesn't have a microSD slot, I'll need that storage.

I was hoping to get the flip case but no one could tell me if I can get it without the S Pen Fold Edition, which I don't need. Ah well, I have until the end of August to figure that and the holster...
    Where did you pre-order it from?

Upvote 0
    Looking at Marquis Brownlee's hands-on review of the Z Fold 3, I was astonished by how HUGE the S Pen Pro is! There's no way it will fit into any case... and since I'm not one given to S Pen envy, I canceled my original order and re-ordered the phone with the S Pen Fold Edition flip case. For as seldom as I would use the whiz-bang features of the S Pen Pro, I'd sooner have the convenience of a foldable case with the S Pen in it.

Upvote 0
    If you're like me, you're almost pathological about protecting your phone's screens... I'm absolutely CDO* about it. Fortunately, I found this set that covers the front, back and inner surfaces. Snagged it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284410499408?var=585954547925

ONE WEEK TO DELIVERY!

*- CDO is my version of OCD. It's the same thing, but I have to put the letters in alphabetical order...

:eek:

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones