• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy GT-I5800

sparkler10

Lurker
Jun 9, 2011
Hi, I've had this phone for a few months now with no problems. All of a sudden, every other day or so it has started to play up. The screen flashes on and off (slowly) and then the phone just switches itself off. To get it working again, I have to remove the battery and then it can be switched on again, only for the problem to repeat. As I say, it is only every other day or so that it does this. Has anyone else had experience of this or do you know if it is likely to be a hardware fault or a software fault? Thanks

Welcome to AndroidForums, sparkler10!

Sorry to hear about your phone problems...it does sound like a hardware problem to me (maybe a loose battery?--just a wild guess there...but does the battery fit snug in its compartments?).

Hopefully someone in the sub-forum that El Presidente provided a link to has heard of this or can suggest an solution.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones