• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Halo vs. Perx

Hi everyone! First time poster here... I'm looking to buy new phones for a 4/$100 family plan (I currently have an old slider phone). I had almost bought the Galaxy J7 Perx for Boost Mobile, but hear that Cricket is slightly better and I see that they have a very similar Galaxy Halo. Both phones are a model starting with SM-J727. From the samsung site, these are the differences.

J7 Perx

2.2 GHz processor
Video: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)@30fps
Bluetooth 4.2
GSM/ CDMA

Halo

1.6Ghz processor
Video: FHD (1920 x 1080)@60fps
Bluetooth 4.1
GSM

For added info-
2 phones are for younger teens - don't need new/ expensive, don't want slow/ glitchy.
Videos aren't all that important (I read that the difference is mostly on large screens)
Cricket: I can port an unlocked HTC One M8 for my dad, costing $250 for my Halo's.
Boost: I would pay $300, but port in my cell phone number on the 4th line, and get a similar number to the kids.

Please advise? Thank you in advance!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones