1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung galaxy losing 4g connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vettefever5, Jul 23, 2011.

1. vettefever5

vettefever5 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    hi guys,

i've poked around on the forum for a while and have been able to find answers to most of my problems, however this one has me stumped.

i have a samsung galaxy 4g on t-mobile and have been having issues with my 4g coverage lately. i find the network switching from 4g to E for long periods of time then randomly switching back. just now, i had been on E for the past few hours and while typing this question it switched to 4g.

is there a setting buried somewhere that controls whether the phone connects to 4g or E? i know some of my settings seem to change on their own (wifi turns on on it's own, screen timeout gets reset to no timeout, etc) so i didn't know if maybe something was flipping my network connection.

i'm on a lot of car forums so i know what to post when i have a car question, but i haven't posted a lot in phone forums. if you need any more info from me just let me know.

thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    How many bars do you have on 4G? Mine will vary according to where I am in the house.
    It will also vary outside depending on topography and tower location.

I show one bar, but the update for weather did download.

I mostly use wifi at home anyway, so speed isn't really a problem. As long as voice and text work.

I have a friend on Sprint, and she loses her VOICE calls depending on where she is in the house.