1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 corrupt video retrieval, is it possible ??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gmal007, Jul 8, 2013.

1. gmal007

gmal007 Lurker

Hi all, I'm currently using a Note 2 with a 64gb sd card and all firmware etc is up to date.

Today for the first time I encountered a problem after filming my daughters sports day. After shooting around 10 videos all around 1 minute long I came home only to discover that they would not play on the phone and there are no images of the videos just blacked out boxes with the play arrow in.

After reading this forum and a few others I came to the conclusion that it is down to the amount of time I left between shooting the video and pressing the home key or lock key after which is why I got the problem, apparently the phone takes awhile to store it correctly in the memory.. :mad:

My question is this. I know the film is there but it is corrupt in some form or another, is there a programme or a way to retrieve what data may be there even if it is only slight? This was my daughters first sports day and i'd really like to get it back.

Oh and before anyone suggests it's the card etc, it isn't! I shot a video just 5 minutes ago and waited a few seconds before pressing any other buttons and sure enough at the top of the screen it changed to show that it had been stored, then looking in the video folder the image was there and it worked fine.

Thanks for any help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Moved to the GN2 Forums, You will get better help in here.:)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews