• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Note 2 help, pull out app menu: how to get rid of it

Triantha

Lurker
Oct 22, 2012
Hi Folks,
l have a wierd pull out app menu/shortcuts bar at the bottom of my home screen, which looks like a blue half circle, and when selected there are shortcuts to Facebook etc. The problem is that l cannot find a way to get rid of it in any of the settings menus, and it persists in whatever app or video is on screen. Pressing and holding just allows me to move it around the bottom edge of the screen. Any help would be appreciated, l don't know what this thing is called which makes it very difficult to search for help.

He there Androids!

Does anybody knows how to ad an app (other then Google apps) on the menu bar?

Thanks.

You can't by default. Probably possible once you are rooted. I also read on another forum about a workaround where you need to get a hold of original apk for the app, and recompile it with a few additional code lines to enable this app in multi window view. I'm just hoping someone will come up with a way to do it automatically through some app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones